“Memorable night in Santa Barbara” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Portland, Oregon
“Memorable night in Santa Barbara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for the first night of our honeymoon, and it was amazing. The grounds are just beautiful- you could spend hours just looking at the exotic plants alone. The staff is exceptional and made sure we were taken care of from the very start. It is truly an amazing hotel and I would highly recommend it for any special occasion in Santa Barbara. It made our honeymoon very memorable!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The minute you drive past the beach entrance, enter the property and view the lobby you know that this is a special place

Unfortunately the room (and we had a Premier room) did not meet the expectations of the property's first impression. It felt like some of the furniture that you see in the website had been removed. The musty smell didn't dissipate after opening the windows for a few hours.

Overall, a disappointment

• Stayed June 2013
Carmel Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I loved our 3 night stay at this gorgeous property (and also loved the "Stay 2 nights/3rd Night Free" offer). I would always ask for a 2nd floor room. Ours was 427 and it had a beautiful outlook onto the back gardens, jacaranda tree and was quite near the impressive Moreton Bay Fig tree. I found this to be very serene and the train passing was almost imperceptible. I much preferred this lovely picturesque background sound to the noise of kids at the smaller pool on the grounds.
We enjoyed going across to the Club Casino mostly to do a bit of swimming and then thoroughly enjoy the sauna and steam, although you can also totally indulge at the smaller, more intimate Spa facilities at the hotel, which also allows you to do the steam and sauna at no additional charge. I had to take advantage of the massage, as well, which was fabulous. 50 minutes was perfect!
I loved the garden tour at 11 a.m., led by the head gardener, Zeke. What an enjoyable character. It's fun, if you enjoy plants. I'd also recommend you try to reserve a 2 hr. tour at Lotusland (just 10 min. up the hill by car). That was amazing!

I found all of the staff at this hotel to be wonderfully accommodating and cheerful. This really is a very special resort, especially for families, since it offers so much in the way of activities.

Room Tip: 2nd floor and away from the pool area. Don't worry about the trains (unless you're in one...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am a Santa Barbara native, and have lived there on and off much of my life. I've seen the community evolve over the past 50+ years. However, some things never change, and that is the incredible beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
I was visiting my son and he surprised me with a stay at the Biltmore for my birthday. We had a fantastic lunch, and enjoyed the pool and spa.
If you are fortunate enough to stay at the Four Seasons Resort at the Biltmore. You will find yourself in the midst of Santa Barbara class and coastal casual. This is where you can relax, and be pampered, with remarkable views, as well as beach accesses. The amenities are limitless.
There are many dining choices. My favorite was having brunch with my 5 yr old grand daughter, where we sat outdoors overlooking the ocean.

Room Tip: If you intend to spend time in your room just relaxing and enjoying the view, please specify this to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Travelling back from Napa was excuse enough to spend a night here (way too short of a stay). Valet had key to our room (this is new, no more standing in long lines at reception <just kidding>). We usually stay in a bungalow as we bring our Bouviers but as we were solo, our one night stay was in main building, room 716. This was a noisy room. With cobblestones outside our ground floor room, we were woken to staff wheeling carts (much prefer to be woken to the choo choo of the nightly train). There was also some unnecessary late night or early morning shouting by staff.
We spent almost two full days by the Coral Casino pool. Never want to leave. Excellent lunch by the pool.
You cannot go wrong staying at this property.

Room Tip: Not in the one we were in. Bungalows are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The European, historically grown style of the hotel, including many details like the glazed tiles and the perfectly cultivated gardens convey that the place is looked after with love, one feels treated in the same way. The Deluxe room with a garden terrace was marvellous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FSSantaBarbara, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for such a positive review. We appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome your family back again the next time you visit Santa Barbara. I'm delighted you noticed the care we put into all of the details for our guests and will pass on your compliments to our staff. I wish you all well!

Michael Mestraud
Resort Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Everyone should treat themselves to a stay at the Santa Barbara Biltmore at least once. I have stayed there many times over the past few decades and I have never been disappointed. The historical aspects of the hotel buildings and the grounds and location are incomparable. The hotel is impeccably run by Four Seasons and all staff are well trained and extremely focused on customer service. One tip, the rooms facing the swimming pool are lovely but noisy due to children swimming during the day and adults in the Jacuzzi at night. If you close the windows there is no sound but it is lovely to leave the windows open at night and smell the fragrant plants blooming on the grounds. The food is great, and we especially recommend the buffet breakfast. I visited this last time with my 18 year old son and he was never bored. If I ever win the lottery or inherit lots of money I will permanently live at the Biltmore!

Room Tip: All rooms are decorated beautifully. Some rooms on the ground floors are dark due to the lush plants...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!