“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 61 hotels in Santa Barbara
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place was marvelous. I stayed here with my girlfriend on January 1-3. The service was incredible. We were so happy to have met Ehab the night before we arrived at a new years eve party and he made our stay even more enjoyable with an upgrade and late checkout. It was an absolutely perfect time and my gf cannot wait to go back. We loved the Coral Casino Club and the breakfast at Bella. Martine at the TY lounge was an amazing server. The grounds were flawless. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Get one with a patio
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FSSantaBarbara, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort. We are always happy to hear such great feedback from our guests and look forward to sharing your response with Ehab, Martine, and the other members of our staff. Please join us again!

Michael Mestraud
Resort Manager
Phone: (805) 896-1419
Email: Michael.Mestraud@fourseasons.com

1,055 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

While words can not describe how picturesque the Spanish/Mediterranean style Four Seasons Biltmore resort is, I will state that it is even more beautiful in person.
While it looks historic, it is very clean and new-something that is not found in Northern California. After much prodding from my husband's mother who insisted on not having a destination wedding, I made a plea to have us visit what is the most georgeous hotel in operation. I had decided that I would let the hotel speak for itself and sure enough….after spending 20 minutes there,the decision was made without any poking or prodding on my part and a date secured to have our wedding there. To date, my husbands parents are very happy to have chosen this fine establishment and as for others, I constantly hear it was the most beautiful wedding.

How lucky was I? To be able to have a wedding at such an exquisite, classy, beautiful venue? It gets better. If you are a couple looking to get married, look no further. To say I felt like a princess is an understatement. My husband and I were guests of the Four Seasons for four days and four nights. The best four days and nights of my life thanks to Catering Manager, Maria Axiotis. Maria made us feel so very special. If there was anything I needed, I got it. If I asked for it in advance it was there. No joke. From IPOD player to a steamer, my steak dinner cut up for me lol, it was all done. Maria had snacks that she knew we liked there everyday. My husband and I met at a car wash and so Maria had the fabulous dessert chef make us a dessert plate that resembled the car wash with a toy car underneath it, much like my car in what was exhibited in our engagement photos. Unbelievable. So much thought was put into us and I am so deeply moved and touched to this day and will always be.

Maria was there for us for everything. She is incredibly wonderful at what she does and is such an asset to the five star hotel because its people like this that make the stay memorable and special. She was available during all our meetings, our food tasting (Attention brides and grooms do not eat before the tasting, they are more than generous!) all the way up to following up after the wedding to see photos. Extraordinary customer service.

I want to also mention everyone that waited on us the day of the wedding. Stupendous. I honestly felt like a princess and it wasn't my gown at all. They made me feel like a million dollars. It was a very overwhelming day and I honestly love everyone at this hotel because I have never felt so special and by people I just met. I hope this gets read during a meeting because I mean every word. If you are a bride and groom, I know you will have the most incredible, beautiful wedding with the best team of people any one can ask for. If you are proposing to your girlfriend and want to make it special, she is a very lucky girl. If you are a married couple or a group of friends wanting to partake in spa/golf and wine tastings, look no further. I envy anyone who gets to come and stay at this hotel and am the luckiest girl for having had the opportunity to have my special day made even more special. Thank you Maria and everyone at the Four Seasons.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It was our pleasure to be a part of your wedding day! Thank you for your kind words about the Resort and our Catering Manager, Maria. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with her as well as the other members of our staff who were a part of your destination wedding experience. They will be truly delighted to hear that you and your guests had such a memorable stay with us in Santa Barbara. We hope to welcome you back again one day!

Michael Mestraud
Resort Manager
Phone: (805) 896-1419
Email: Michael.Mestraud@fourseasons.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights in a beautiful garden view king room with a private balcony view of mountains and lush green gardens for our honeymoon. It was a more than memorable experience with the amazing staff, concierge arranging all of our transportation to downtown Santa Barbara, spa staff and luxurious fireplace spa room for our couples massage, gorgeous running trail to the wharf, access to the adjacent exclusive club with pools and restaurants, and beautifully ornate room and bathroom.

On top of all of that, the resort was decorated for Christmas and when we arrived there was hot apple cider awaiting us in the lobby. I would definitely recommend for any special occasion but plan on spending money! Fantastic honeymoon :-)

• Stayed December 2012
Calabasas, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about a half dozen times over as many years as my industry holds its annual conference here. My stays have been consistently enjoyable.
First, this is a unique property. The ocean view is beautiful with wonderful sunsets. (You will want to plan to have breakfast onsite with the ocean view. The room is very nice with a fireplace.) If you are a nature lover, or even just an admirer of flora, the grounds will astound you. They have a tremendous variety of plants and most are labeled. Its unlike anything I've ever seen and I've stayed at quite a few nice resorts and many of them were in tropical locations where you might expect something similar. There are many gigantic trees that are simply amazing. The buildings are of a Spanish style complete with nice tile work that give you an old-world feel. Paths and common areas are dimly lit in the evening and the whole property is quite romantic. Santa Barbara has a good variety of high quality restaurants nearby so you won't lack for possibilities.
The staff is always accomodating and they even allow pets. We took our dogs one year and they laid out dog treats and bowls for them.
If I had any warning it would be that the resort is so dense with vegetation that most of the rooms don't get ample sunlight. I could see where this might be an issue for some. Also, I think it is always cool in Santa Barbara so bring a jacket even in summer. You should be fine to swim as the pool is heated.

Room Tip: I've stayed here many times. Sunlight can be scarce in rooms so if this is important you should...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hello. If I could give Four Seasons more than an excellent rating; I certainly would. I worked with Mr. Mestraud, Tanya, Maria and Joe all at different times in planning my proposal to my now fiancée. Every single person in this hotel was wonderful. EVERY person. I asked for a lot, and they delivered on every request I made and then some.

I was given the option to reserve a suite with an ocean view. Best decision I could have made. The suite was huge and had a great deck overlooking the Pacific. Couldn't ask for anything better.

For the proposal, I made a path of rose petals from the front door suite, down the hallway, through the living room and wrapping around to the balcony. Music played with candles and rose petals overlooking the ocean. Joe escorted my fiancée to the room from the spa. She walked in and followed the petals to find me waiting to "pop" the question. I did. And she said YES!

I couldn't have pulled this off without the help of every single staff member at the hotel. HUGE thanks to Tanya, Maria and Joe at the concierge desk and the hotel manager Michael. Santa Barbara is beautiful. We fell in love with this hotel and city and we are planning on getting married at this hotel based on our overall experience; along with the beautiful scenery.

Every day we would walk into the room and find a special surprise of chocolate, or champagne, or truffles, and nice notes from staff. It was fantastic! Impeccable service!!!

If you want to be whisked away into a romantic setting with your loved one, this hotel and location is the place to be.

Thank you Four Seasons for a memorable, romantic, beautiful 7 days in Santa Barbara, California.

Our stay - 12/28 thru 1/3/13

Room Tip: Suites are the way to go for a romantic trip. Quiet, peaceful and fun. Definitely rent bikes and f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This first class luxury hotel was running a "buy 2 nits, get 1 nite free" special. We opted for the slightly larger room with fireplace due to the cold holiday weather. The regular rate was $655/ nite. So, the special was a substantial break. Our room was spacious with a walk in closet. The bathroom had a heated tile floor and a steam room built into the shower. Our room had a peek a boo ocean view.

The hotel was nicely decorated for the Christmas holiday. The grounds were kept immaculate. They have a putting green and croquette on the grounds. Also, they have a nice pool heated to ~ 90 degrees. As a guest... You also have access to a beach club situated across the street from the hotel ( on the beach ). The beach club is a great place for dining with an ocean view. Also, they have an Olympic size lap pool and spacious cabanas.

Valet parking is easy... $31 / nite

We really enjoyed their Christmas dinner buffet. The food was excellent for a buffet.
Included king crab legs, caviar, suishi, shrimp, lobster risotto, carving stations with prime rib, turkey and salmon. Dessert was a treat... Too many items to describe.

This is a wonderful hotel to relax and unwind. You feel pampered here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Biltmore/Four Seasons is one of those hotels you need to include on your bucket list. We love staying at historical properties and this one did not disappoint. The grounds are stunning and we had great pleasure walking around the property looking at all the gardens. We stayed in one of the bungalows which was beautifully decorated with understated elegance. A bucket of chilled champagne and strawberries were waiting for us upon our arrival. Nice touch. The staff were all cordial and professional - what you would expect at a Four Seasons. Our only meals were for breakfast and sitting on the terrace at the Bella Vista overlooking the Pacific is the way I wish I could start each morning. We enjoyed our pre-dinner cocktails in the lounge sitting by the fireplace each evening - elegant surroundings without being stuffy. I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!