My son recently was invited to speak at a symposium of his professional association, which was hosted by the Four Seasons Biltmore in Santa Barbara. Referencing my atlas, I found that the city lies at the southern end of the gorgeous stretch of the California Pacific Coast Highway which begins in Monterey, meanders through Carmel and showcases the indescribable Wonders of Big Sur. Consequently I invited myself to accompany my son so he and I might take advantage of his invitation and extend the business engagement into a long-awaited road trip. Since seeing the movie “The Sandpiper", I wanted to drive through Big Sur. This was the perfect time to do so. We spent one most night in the little arty village of Cambria, then stopped at Harmony and Morro Bay before crossing the mountains at Los Padres National Forrest and finally cruising into Santa Barbara.
Arriving at the expensively-groomed grounds of Four Seasons, there was no doubt that we were going to have a most pleasant and upscale experience. Walking into the impressively inviting lobby, we checked in and were then escorted through beautifully and meticulously maintained manicured gardens to our well-appointed cottage. Scarcely had we settled in when an attendant arrived with a tray of appetizers consisting of freshly-made baba ghanoush and delicate wafer crackers, compliments of the conference sponsors. Enjoying the refreshments we surveyed our room. Everything was exceptional as expected. The bathroom was exquisite, appointed with outstandingly colorful Spanish tile. I especially enjoyed the face and bath soap
made by L'Occitane with shea butter. Great fragrance.
Later that afternoon, I was fascinated by a wedding ceremony being conducted right outside our cottage. What an appropriate setting for such a monumental and personal event. After enjoying a simple meal at a nearby restaurant, we spent a most pleasant evening sleeping on extra-comfortable beds in our quiet, luxurious room. After my son’s presentation, I grabbed my camera and recorded a bit of the scenic beauty in which we were surrounded.
All in all, the Four Season’s Biltmore was even more lavish and special that I had even anticipated. Although I consider myself a well-seasoned traveler, only rarely have I been afforded the luxury and first class accommodations and service of such stellar lodging.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara Hotel
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Four Seasons
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.