“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 132 Activities in Santa Barbara
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Santa Barbara Adventure Company is the premier adventure travel outfitter on the central coast. We offer Santa Barbara kayaking & Channel Islands kayaking, surf lessons, wine country tours by van or bike, mountain biking, rock climbing and team building programs. Our knowledgeable and friendly guides offer exceptional service and share with you a side of the Santa Barbara area few visitors ever get to experience.
Montreal, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed over night on Santa cruz and started our stay with a morning kayak tour with Santa barbara adventure co. Laird was our guide and we were a small group (8 people). Great guide that had a lot of knowledge and fun facts to share. Our group was made up of all adults that had some kind of kayaking experience so we did several sea caves, some of which were challenging due to high tide conditions but the guide was always reassuring and checking the conditions before we went in. They obviously adapt the trip to the clientele as we saw a family group go the next day with kids and they an easy tour. Which means they can cater to all kayaking levels. It was an unforgettable experience and a great way to discover the Channel islands. Will do it again if we come to the area!

Coventry, Connecticut
“A great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I book booked the Santa Barbara coastal Kayak tour and Laird was our guide. He showed up early and completely prepared, including bringing bottled waters and sun-block, both of which mine girlfriend and I forgot. He was knowledgable about Santa Barbara answered all our questions. Most importantly, he knew we were first time kayakers and he ensured we were safe and well informed about the basics of kayaking. Highly recommended...and definitely bring a waterproof camera!!

“Great surfing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and myself booked three days of surfing and we couldn't be happier with the experience. Surfing instructor was exceptional and got us both standing up very quickly. Surfing spot choice was perfect as well, with great rides possible every time. I can only recommend

Costa Mesa, California
“Awesome...Truly an awesome experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We spent four days on Santa Cruz Island (Channel Islands) arriving on a Tuesday by boat. The next day we took a tour of the sea caves with Santa Barbara Adventure Company. Ryan and Cody were our guides. Since we were already on the island the cost of the tour was discounted. We chose to go with SBAC due to the first call we made - you could hear the enthusiasm and the love for what they do. I wasn't sure whether to choose the tandam or the single kayak and opted for the tandam. The reason for this is because for most of the sea caves the kayaks go in one by one and I wanted to experience this with my husband. Each cave was at own risk and we did all of them and so glad that we did. We got to see the waterfall, experience the green room, the doggy door and so many more. Our guides were professional from the start to the end. They shared with us the history of the island and we could tell they love what they do. Thank you Ryan, Cody, and Santa Barbara Adventure Company for an experience we will never forget. Tony and Alison

Visited September 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Guides and a Fun Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'm not the most adventuresome person on earth. In fact, the night before my kayak tour was scheduled, I spent a lot of time convincing myself I shouldn't go - it was going to be too hard, my back would hurt, etc.

Our guides immediately put me at ease with their senses of humor, their confidence, and their enthusiasm. We spent about 2 hours on the water in two-person kayaks, paddling up the coast from Refugio State Beach with frequent stops for brief nature lessons. They launched and landed us with ease - something I had been worried about. They also taught us basic paddling strokes.

By the time I got back to shore, I was dreaming of buying a kayak or going to the Channel Islands with SB Adventure Co for a cave paddling trip.