I was coming here on a girls weekend and didn't want to break the bank. I wanted something, clean, safe, and in walking distance from fun attractions. I received all of the above at the Franciscan Inn.
1. Cost: amazing for Santa Barbara, which is such and expensive hotel market (Holiday Inn Express was $60 more per night during our dates)
2. Service was warm, it felt like a mom and pop inn
3. Location: about a block from west beach and easty to walk to Stearns Wharf and we walked to dinner at Arrigato Sushi no problem (sushi was fine but not great). We also walked to Nordstroms twice...did I say girls weekend. We parked our car and didn't move it the entire trip. We took the 50 cent state street shuttle and a cab twice one to Jane where the food was yummy.
4. Room was simple but clean with updated linens and I felt the bed was comfy
5. pool and spa are in separate locations but we like taking a jacuzzi after a day on the town.
1. Breakfast was included but I took one bite of the muffin and threw it out. They did have hard boiled eggs, peanut butter and and apple which made up my breafast. It was pretty simple but at least there was something to get you started.
2. Train noise: okay this is not unique to this inn but there is an Amtrack station on State Street and I heard the horn blue on two separate occasions on the weekday morning. I was able to fall back to sleep. I saw other hotel reviews that indicated the train passed behind the property, so Franciscan Inn doesn't have it too bad.
I'd definitely stay here again, particularly if I want to be close to the beach, and the value for this inn is outstanding for the area.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.