I wish there was a category between "Average" and "Very Good" for this motel. If you want to stay in Santa Barbara in August, prices are very high. $500-$700 per night at the good hotels. We had no idea there was going to be a ghastly festival happening. If hoards of drunken revelers and crowded confetti-strewn streets are your "thing", than head to Santa Barbara for the yearly Fiesta in August. On the upside, the hotel was squeaky clean and the folks who run it are fabulous, very solicitous of their guests. The bed was deliciously comfortable. On the downside, it's on State Street, thus noisy, preventing us from opening our windows to enjoy the cool sea breezes. There is limited parking. It felt like a Motel 6 that had had an extreme makeover. And is it too much to ask to have some sort of kettle in the room so I don't have to get dressed first thing in the morning, schlep down to the office, turn the kettle on, wait for it to boil, in order to get a cup of tea? I mean we were paying $238 for the night. IF we were to return to this hotel, I'd bring along my own kettle. However, I think we'll give Santa Barbara a skip in future. It's got a seedy element, the streets felt unsafe sad to say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Barbara's Modern Boutique Motel. Free Bicycles, Complimentary Parking, Free Wi-Fi, Closest Motel to Downtown! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Presidio Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidio Motel Santa Barbara
- Presidio Hotel Santa Barbara