My husband and I stayed for one night with a baby over the weekend. Overall, I give them 3 stars.
- Valet parking guys told us that the street parking is free. We appreciate their honesty!
- There was rust in bathtub which looked a little gross. When I talked to a front desk, they immediately sent a housekeeper. He tried to clean it out but couldn't get rid of it. The front desk offered us another room right away.
- Bistro was pretty good. I usually don't expect to get good food at a hotel restaurant (usually it's overpriced), but I was very satisfied there.
- People were friendly.
- I didn't have any difficulties with a baby.
- Internet connection was pretty good.
- Close to SB zoo.
- The hotel is very old! You will see such an old air conditioner hanging on the wall. All buildings are separated just like a bunch of motels. In fact, Motel 6 is right next to the hotel. You can't really tell which is hyatt.
- Ocean front was not that good. It's across the street, and there were a lot of trees blocking the sight.
- The room is not that freshly clean. They should renovate very aggressively sometime.
- This hyatt is under category 4....Hmm I would put under 2.
For me, Hyatt is a modern fancy American hotel, but this one is not. So, I was disappointed when I got to the place. But again, people are nice:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of the finest hotels in Santa Barbara, California when you stay at Hyatt Santa Barbara. Built in 1931, our historic hotel welcomes guests with its casual elegance and first-rate service.Detailed with a fusion of Spanish Colonial architecture blended with modern conveniences, Hyatt Santa Barbara is a shining gateway to the City of Santa Barbara, also known as the American Riviera.Discover 171 comfortably-appointed guestrooms, a perfect home base for both leisure and business travelers. Enjoy the warm California sunshine in our heated outdoor pool and therapy OLEASTRO SPA, work off stress in the spacious fitness center, or enjoy happy hour at Bistro 1111 Restaurant, serving American cuisine with California flair. A 100% smoke-free hotel, Hyatt Santa Barbara also offers amenities like in-room dining, valet and self-parking, valet laundry service, and a business center.With 10,000 square feet of flexible and unique meeting space, offering exquisite culinary selections and the latest in technology, Hyatt Santa Barbara is ideal for your next corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Mar Monte Santa Barbara
- Mar Monte Hotel