“Outstanding customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Santa Barbara

You added Hyatt Santa Barbara to your Saves list
Hyatt Santa Barbara
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 East Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA 93103 (Formerly Hotel Mar Monte)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Denver, Colorado
“Outstanding customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We like staying on Cabrillo when in Santa Barbara, and our usual hotel is under renovation. We read reviews for the Hyatt and it seemed like a good choice. The price is fair, considering we were able to get a discount since we were visiting Westmont College. The room was very spacious, with a nice balcony where you could see the ocean. There are rooms looking directly out at the ocean, but we didn't reserve one this time. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the room impeccably clean. The notes from staff were a nice touch. The email from the manager welcoming us before we came, asking if we needed anything, was also a nice touch. We are happy to have found a place to stay the next 4 years while our daughter is in college.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I want to share one of my best experiences traveling. It was my anniversary and I had booked the wrong date in this hotel. I was lucky to find the supervisor Miss. Nguyen she took care of me and helped me get accommodated in this hotel. I really wanted to thank her for her help. I would recommend this hotel for everyone is clean, great location and the best customer service.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SAN DIEGO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had a great time at santa barbara hyatt from the time i drove in until the time i left the staff was great the room was great the location was great place to just relax and take it easy i will definately be back and i recommond this hotel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was surprised to be contacted via email by Chris Lichtman Director of Operations before I arrived for a wedding and two night stay. He was proactively making sure everything was in good order before the weekend.

Interestingly, Mr. Lichtman's timing couldn't have been better. I expectantly but happily had one more quest and needed a room with two beds which seemed unlikely to accommodate given the short time frame. As a client service master he was able to provide exactly what I requested which took a load of stress off my shoulders.

Thank you Chris!

Jacob G.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Carpinteria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

It was my pleasure to stay at Hyatt Santa Barbara. Everyone was very professional and the service was great. The room was very nice and clean. Location is great and the view was definitely a plus. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013
Lords Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I visited several weeks ago and have neglected to write a review until now. Everything was top notch. The hotel has an old world charm to it which fits very nicely in Santa Barbara. The ladies at the front desk were wonderful at check in and the valet gentlemen were great. The hot tub and fire pit were a nice place to enjoy cocktails in the evening, and the food and service was perfect at breakfast. My husband and I can't wait to be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

It was pleasure to stay in Hyatt Santa Barbara.
Very professional people and service.
I forgot my digital camera lens and they found, and send it to me without any problem. I got it on time.
Very good and fast communication by phone and email.
Very appreciate for business

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Santa Barbara

Address: 1111 East Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA 93103 (Formerly Hotel Mar Monte)
Location: United States > California > Santa Barbara
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#9 Spa Hotel in Santa Barbara
#9 On the Beach Hotel in Santa Barbara
#15 Business Hotel in Santa Barbara
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hyatt Santa Barbara 3.5*
Discover one of the finest hotels in Santa Barbara, California when you stay at Hyatt Santa Barbara. Built in 1931, our historic hotel welcomes guests with its casual elegance and first-rate service.Detailed with a fusion of Spanish Colonial architecture blended with modern conveniences, Hyatt Santa Barbara is a shining gateway to the City of Santa Barbara, also known as the American Riviera.Discover 171 comfortably-appointed guestrooms, a perfect home base for both leisure and business travelers. Enjoy the warm California sunshine in our heated outdoor pool and therapy OLEASTRO SPA, work off stress in the spacious fitness center, or enjoy happy hour at Bistro 1111 Restaurant, serving American cuisine with California flair. A 100% smoke-free hotel, Hyatt Santa Barbara also offers amenities like in-room dining, valet and self-parking, valet laundry service, and a business center.With 10,000 square feet of flexible and unique meeting space, offering exquisite culinary selections and the latest in technology, Hyatt Santa Barbara is ideal for your next corporate event. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
Mar Monte Santa Barbara
Mar Monte Hotel

If you own or manage Hyatt Santa Barbara, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.