Not sure what the problem is with the mediocre reviews... We got an ocean view room in the Santa Cruz building, and it was beautiful.
We stay in Hyatts all over the place, & they are consistently good. This one is beautiful - nice decor, comfy beds, gorgeous view of the ocean. Service was great, everyone was very helpful and friendly.
Self-parking is $15/day or valet for $20, but you can park on the street for free & they were kind enough to let me know that. I guess I'm just a jaded Californian because I'm used to ridiculous per day parking prices. You do have to pay for Wi-fi per day, but they have free internet access and printing in their "business center" in the lobby, so get over it.
You can take a 25 cent trolley down Cabrillo to State Street if you like, and it stops right in front of the hotel. There is a great restaurant/bar in the hotel, and there is a breakfast/lunch place on the beach directly across from the hotel, so once you park your car, you really don't need to take it out again.
They just re-opened their spa, Oleastro Spa, in the hotel. It is small, but very classy, & the masseuse Catherine was FABULOUS.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Santa Barbara Hotel
- Hyatt Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Mar Monte Santa Barbara
- Mar Monte Hotel
- Hotel Mar Monte
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of the finest hotels in Santa Barbara, California when you stay at Hyatt Santa Barbara. Built in 1931, our historic hotel welcomes guests with its casual elegance and first-rate service.Detailed with a fusion of Spanish Colonial architecture blended with modern conveniences, Hyatt Santa Barbara is a shining gateway to the City of Santa Barbara, also known as the American Riviera.Discover 171 comfortably-appointed guestrooms, a perfect home base for both leisure and business travelers. Enjoy the warm California sunshine in our heated outdoor pool and therapy OLEASTRO SPA, work off stress in the spacious fitness center, or enjoy happy hour at Bistro 1111 Restaurant, serving American cuisine with California flair. A 100% smoke-free hotel, Hyatt Santa Barbara also offers amenities like in-room dining, valet and self-parking, valet laundry service, and a business center.With 10,000 square feet of flexible and unique meeting space, offering exquisite culinary selections and the latest in technology, Hyatt Santa Barbara is ideal for your next corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.