This was the first La Quinta stay I've had in wow, maybe 20 years?? I was a little leery but I have to say I was quite pleased with this choice.
Location was very good - it is at the top of what I would call the main section of State Street, where so many of the shops and restaurants are located. And I liked that it was near to the more local places instead of further down the street where all the big chains are located. The hotel has good parking at a reasonable rate although I am always frustrated when hotels charge for parking for guests. Seems to be the norm in this area - but just not right..
I'm not crazy about hotel rooms that have doors that open to the outside but our room was on the 3rd floor so I felt a little better.. sort of. The room was spacious and well appointed and, most importantly, clean. Clearly renovated within recent years - so even though you could tell that the 'bones' of the room may have been quite old, they have done a nice job modernizing.. The beds were very comfortable, the lighting was good. Nice touch to have makeup mirror in the bathroom. Nice size bathroom too. Great touch to have a single serve Keuring coffee machine and small refrigerator in the room. We were only here for the night but this would be a great room for multiple days.
Welcoming and helpful front desk staff. They always had a smile, they were always interested - nice to see and experience. We did not use the free breakfast other than coffee - but it looked like a good variety of choices.
Overall this is a good choice and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara hotel is the perfect location for you to enjoy the sunny American Riviera and the fabulous State Street shopping area. This California boutique La Quinta Inn & Suites hotel is located conveniently on State Street within walking distance to many boutique shops, restaurants, and entertainment! The...See more Santa Barbara CA hotel provides a convenient hub for your work or vacation travel. We are equipped with free high speed wireless Internet service, a business center, free local calls and a helpful front desk staff to make your stay enjoyable. Find time to relax in our outdoor swimming pool and bring home a beautiful tan your friends will envy. Take a stroll down the famed State Street and shop to your heart's content! The local electric trolley will take you between the hotel, the beach, and the shopping area for a nominal fee. After a long day out on the town relax in your room on the brand new mattresses with luxurious bedding to wake up refreshed and ready for the day. Book online or call today for reservations at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Santa Barbara
- Days Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara