“A solid choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Huntersville, North Carolina
“A solid choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was the first La Quinta stay I've had in wow, maybe 20 years?? I was a little leery but I have to say I was quite pleased with this choice.

Location was very good - it is at the top of what I would call the main section of State Street, where so many of the shops and restaurants are located. And I liked that it was near to the more local places instead of further down the street where all the big chains are located. The hotel has good parking at a reasonable rate although I am always frustrated when hotels charge for parking for guests. Seems to be the norm in this area - but just not right..

I'm not crazy about hotel rooms that have doors that open to the outside but our room was on the 3rd floor so I felt a little better.. sort of. The room was spacious and well appointed and, most importantly, clean. Clearly renovated within recent years - so even though you could tell that the 'bones' of the room may have been quite old, they have done a nice job modernizing.. The beds were very comfortable, the lighting was good. Nice touch to have makeup mirror in the bathroom. Nice size bathroom too. Great touch to have a single serve Keuring coffee machine and small refrigerator in the room. We were only here for the night but this would be a great room for multiple days.

Welcoming and helpful front desk staff. They always had a smile, they were always interested - nice to see and experience. We did not use the free breakfast other than coffee - but it looked like a good variety of choices.

Overall this is a good choice and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor seems quiet - no street noise
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is beautiful for a great price in santa barbara! Room is big bathroom is bigger, upgraded in last year, comfortable pillow top beds, mini (not so mini) fridge , full length mirror, Complimentary breakfast and im not talking just boxes of cereal and milk, it included cooked eggs a waffle iron, numerous juices, coffee, pastries, cereal, oatmeal ALL FREE ! Pet friendly! Staff is friendly and place looks so clean! Would definitely recommend

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I'm pleased you and your girlfriends enjoyed your visit at our recently renovated hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you all visit Santa Barbara!
Las Vegas NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was the final night of our road trip and the third La Quinta. Being pet-friendly at no charge has made LQ our go-to chain for traveling with the dog. Granted, this hotel is pricey, but you can expect that from Santa Barbara. I admit that I had a little trouble finding the hotel and then I had trouble finding the check-in desk. After an extra loop around the block, I pulled into the upper parking lot, which turned out to be perfect for the room we were given.

As far as room design, this was probably the nicest of our trip. They probably renovated fairly recently. My only complaint is that the air coming out of the air conditioner smelled like a public toilet. As long as I wasn't right next to it, it wasn't bad. By the parking lot, there's a little artificial grass area for letting your dogs do their thing. That's a nice touch. Breakfast was pretty standard. I admit that a waffle machine is pretty much all I need. This time, they only had scrambled eggs (no sausage or bacon). The eggs tasted the best compared to the other La Quintas, though we found it funny that they were in big chunks that look like yellow tofu.

As a side note, this hotel now charges for parking. At the time I booked our room, parking was free and they honored that after I mentioned it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed the room design of our recently renovated hotel. I appreciate your comments regarding our artificial grass area for your pet. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you visit Santa Barbara!
San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Staff is very friendly and rooms clean and comfortable
Hotel has a pool with nice loungers and pretty surroundings
Also has parking facilities

Assistant Manager Brett was very helpful throughout the whole booking process
Does not have a bar so this is a disadvantage for a group

Room Tip: Pool is heated so that is an advantage
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I'm pleased you found the hotel clean and comfortable. I appreciate you kind words regarding Brett and the friendliness of the staff. Thank you for your comments on the landscaping and the heated pool. We look forward to having you and your garden tour group as our guests the next time you visit Santa Barbara!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here on trip down PCH...arrived on spec and got last room available...nice clean and modern hotel with nice rooms and reasonably priced..would stay here again. The staff very friendly and helpful and guided us to the local resturants and bar so that we could relax for the night after a long drive...bed very comfortable and actually looked for it's sister hotel at our next stop (Tumecula) but unfortunately it was fully booked

Room Tip: had room at far end of hotel overlooking swimming pool...very quiet and a short walk to town centre...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review of our recently renovated hotel. I appreciate your comments regarding your clean room and comfortable bed. I'm pleased you found the staff friendly and helpful. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you visit Santa Barbara!
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Finding affordable lodging for a family of four in Santa Barbara proper can be tricky. We wanted to be on State Street in the heart of all the restaurants and shops, and not pay a fortune. This property fit the bill perfectly. The exterior of this property is not remarkable, although the landscaping using natives plants is very nice. We walked into the lobby which is freshly and very nicely decorated in white and turquoise. We had a view of the pool area, which had newer lounging chairs and was very well maintained. We checked into our room, which was a Deluxe 2 Queen suite and we were not disappointed. Very nicely decorated and with amenities our family was looking for: a Keurig, microwave and large mini fridge. Plenty of room for a family of four with older kids. The bathroom was HUGE and I liked the sliding door into the bathroom. I recently saw this style door on a renovation show on HGTV. Quite trendy. We went downstairs to find a map of the area and I commented to the employee at the front desk how well maintained the property is. He told me that La Quinta purchased this property, gutted it, and did a complete re-model. You absolutely cannot beat the location and the price. Two complaints: the air conditioning unit smelled faintly of mildew. Also, the pool did have a lot of leaves in it. My one suggestion: Install a hot tub/spa outside. There is plenty of room to build out on the hill behind the pool. When it is chilly in Santa Barbara, it would be lovely.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your fantastic review of the hotel. I'm pleased you found us affordable and you enjoyed our location on State Street. I appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us the next time you visit Santa Barbara!
Cupertino, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Deluxe 2 Queen Suite was perfect for short trip to Santa Barbara with kids and dog. Perfect location - walking distance to shopping, restaurants, art museum but far enough away to feel restful & quiet. Pool was great for kids. Kid & pet friendly hotel. Wish the breakfast came with more protein options, but overall quality good and presented well.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. I'm pleased you and your family enjoyed your room and the pool. I appreciate your comments about our convenient location. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!