This motel is on really pretty grounds and has two lovely, clean pools. When researching accommodation in Santa Barbara I realised pretty quickly that our budget wasn't going to stretch to a hotel within an easy walk of the beach or downtown. So, while the Sandmann Inn is situated on State Street, Santa Barbara's main drag, it is still a good 10 minute drive from downtown State Street itself. That said, there are plenty of restaurants, a WholeFoods Market and even a Macy's within walking distance.
In terms of the accommodation itself, the rooms are bright and airy and look freshly painted. There's also free wifi, breakfast included and a DVD library with a good TV and DVD player in every room. The only negatives were that the beds were a bit too soft for my liking and the bathroom seemed a little tired. But overall a very pleasant, budget option in a ritzy, expensive town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandman Inn in Santa Barbara offers 112 non-smoking guestrooms, suites, and two-room family units on its 4.5 acre property, along with a large hot tub and two beautifully landscaped pools... The perfect choice on upper State Street in Santa Barbara, and always a great value.Guests experience a unique setting at the Sandman Inn. We are less than fifteen minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, local beaches, UCSB, Goleta, Montecito and all the attractions for which Santa Barbara is world famous. Stay with us and experience excellent customer service, unique rooms, a great free b-fast and much more!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, TravelClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Sandman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sandman Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandman Hotel Santa Barbara