I have read many reviews and am now able to add my opinion. As I am writing this review, I am sitting in the very comfortable King-size bed with plenty of cushy pillows. For all of you who gave bad reviews on the beds (they have new mattresses and pillows). Granted, I have yet to go to sleep but so far the bed is great.
I agree with the reviewer that had a problem with the lack of restrooms for guests waiting for their room. Something really should be done about that!!! It is really a bad thing when you consider that all of your guests have traveled at least some distance to get here and may need to use a restroom RIGHT AWAY. We also had a long drive and both my daughter and I needed to go.
The fabulous little Diner should be equipped with just a one room bathroom so that guests do not have to "run" away from their breakfast back to their room (especially if they are at the opposite end of the 3 acre property!). It wouldn't take much room and would make life much easier on the guests. Really if you had just the one bathroom in/by the diner, you wouldn't need one in the Lobby area. In addition, the pools are not equipped with restroom facilities which makes it very hard to enjoy the pool especially with a child who will undoubtedly need to go during the time that we will be swimming.
Mike was super nice and gave us a room closer to the pool (otherwise a normally very fun activity would have been miserable). Thank you Mike for my belated and my husband's birthday (today) gift!!! Caitlin & Cassie were very pleasant and patient with my VERY social little girl.
I LoVE that the Lobby serves Coffee, Tea & Juice ALL day and night!!! I am looking forward to all the goodies being served in that great diner tomorrow morning. We met the lady, Lydia, that keeps everything clean and stocked. What a very nice lady. Actually everyone on staff have been nice. Thank you all!
I am sure that the rest of our stay will be as good as what we have experienced so far and that we will be back.
Plus we will make sure that all of our friends know that this is the place to stay especially if the whole restroom thing is remedied.
- Also Known As:
- The Sandman Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandman Hotel Santa Barbara
- The Sandman Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandman Inn in Santa Barbara offers 112 non-smoking guestrooms, suites, and two-room family units on its 4.5 acre property, along with a large hot tub and two beautifully landscaped pools... The perfect choice on upper State Street in Santa Barbara, and always a great value.Guests experience a unique setting at the Sandman Inn. We are less than fifteen minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, local beaches, UCSB, Goleta, Montecito and all the attractions for which Santa Barbara is world famous. Stay with us and experience excellent customer service, unique rooms, a great free b-fast and much more!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Sandman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.