After shopping around I booked a night here. Somehow, it was triple booked, but I caught it in time to cancel 2 w/o charges. I used a pre paid debit card to book the room. Nowhere does it state they don't accept them. When we got there the 1st time, room was not ready. An hr. later, still not ready. Finally, the room is ready & that's when they tell me I can't use the card. So I offer cash. They don't accept that either! So an hr & half of my vaca gone & need to find a place. The guy @ front desk suggests the place across the street or Motel 6. Place across the st. was gross! Right next to Motel 6 is The Sandpiper Inn who accepted my card or cash! Nice place. Pool, jacuzzi, breakfast & comfy beds. All the amenities of the other place, & cheaper! Guess it worked out for the best for me. After a bit of stress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandman Inn in Santa Barbara offers 112 non-smoking guestrooms, suites, and two-room family units on its 4.5 acre property, along with a large hot tub and two beautifully landscaped pools... The perfect choice on upper State Street in Santa Barbara, and always a great value.Guests experience a unique setting at the Sandman Inn. We are less than fifteen minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, local beaches, UCSB, Goleta, Montecito and all the attractions for which Santa Barbara is world famous. Stay with us and experience excellent customer service, unique rooms, a great free b-fast and much more!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Sandman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sandman Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandman Hotel Santa Barbara