We stayed in Santa Barbara on the offseason, and were expecting expensive. The Sandman seemed like the cheapest hotel we could find. After getting there, I thought we could have probably gotten a better hotel, closer to downtown, for the same price. The room was spacious and clean, but the bathroom appeared iffy (a little grungy, the shower had chipped paint and was tricky). It was only 3 miles or so from the downtown area, and the staff was very friendly. The one qualm we had was that you could hear everything in the adjacent rooms- every cough and movement. One perk was that there was an IHome in the room, where we could charge our phones and play music/sleep sounds. We didn't love it, but it was just fine. The free breakfast was better than average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandman Inn in Santa Barbara offers 112 non-smoking guestrooms, suites, and two-room family units on its 4.5 acre property, along with a large hot tub and two beautifully landscaped pools... The perfect choice on upper State Street in Santa Barbara, and always a great value.Guests experience a unique setting at the Sandman Inn. We are less than fifteen minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, local beaches, UCSB, Goleta, Montecito and all the attractions for which Santa Barbara is world famous. Stay with us and experience excellent customer service, unique rooms, a great free b-fast and much more!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TravelClick, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Sandman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sandman Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandman Hotel Santa Barbara