“Lovely bit get a room on office side” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Oasis Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Oasis Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3344 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93105 (Formerly San Roque Motel)   |
Ranked #41 of 60 hotels in Santa Barbara
toronto, canada
“Lovely bit get a room on office side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hi, we were here two years ago, part of a two-week trip from San Francisco. Our room at the corner, not two story but next to office, was great. We swam in pool, had drinks on tables, dresses for a trip down State Stree. We loved our small but modern room. We would go back to Oasis to straddle the golf course and beach. It was fabulous. We stayed the next day, a five day visit, at the Intercontinental San Fran and liked our Oasis Inn better!,, Don't get me started.

Room Tip: Do not stay on motel side. Stay on side next to main office...one story and charming.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My inlaws were coming to town and I needed to find a hotel for them for their stay. Oasis was reasonable and near our neighborhood. I picked them up at the airport & took them to check in. They allowed early check in (I called the day prior to ask) and were so nice to us when we checked them in. The room was clean and quiet. My inlaws have stayed at the Quality Inn & Motel 6 on previous trips, they said the Oasis will be their choice from now on. They liked the convenience and could walk to Gelsons, 7-11, the post ofc and back /forth to our house.

Thank you Oasis for making their stay a pleasurable one!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were here for a night and I was surprised to find out that the rooms are spacey ,clean & bright. Its not easy to find a good price accommodation in SB. I am glad I chose this motel for the night . There is a huge supermarket across the road and a few restaurants nearby which is just a walk away.
State Str is a pretty long street. You need a car to get you to where the action is ( about 8 min drive)
We had difficulties finding a parking spot at night though. Receptionist suggested to park around the block behind the motel (basically a nice residential area) very quiet street. It was safe. I have no problems staying here again in near future if I ever come to SB.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were very happy with this little motel in Santa Barbara. The room was quite large and clean, we had two double beds, the bathroom was large, clean and had lots of fresh towels. The room came with an iron, ironing board and coffee maker, the bathroom had little toiletries laid out. The motel is in a good location on State Street - plenty of eateries within walking distance as well as a couple of general stores and a short cab ride away from the downtown area. It was quite warm outside and the room had a good a/c system to cool the room down quickly. There was a small parking lot outside and a nice pool/seating area just off the lot which is quiet despite being on a fairly busy road. Overall a nice little motel in a good location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Paso Robles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Not quite sure why the reviews aren't better but I was very impressed by this hotel given what it is. It is an older hotel and it is on a major street. The hotel is well kept, clean and it is very evident that the management is trying very hard to make it a nice facility. The grounds are well kept, the rooms have been updated and the bathrooms are very nice. I made a reservation for two rooms with James approximately two months in advance. Based on other reviews I called and confirmed one week out. No problems. James was at the front desk when I checked in and he accommodated us with two rooms side by side. The staff was friendly and I had no issues at check in. The rate quoted was the rate that I received. The hotel is in a good location of Santa Barbara if you are visiting the Santa Barbara Bowl. One of the nice things about the hotel is that they didn't have a two night minimum on the weekend. I thought the hotel was quaint and quiet. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room farther near the pool and on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This motel was booked at the last minute and it was quite expensive for what we got. We went to Santa Barbara on a festival weekend so the choices were few. This should be called a motel, as that's what it is. Our room had a mini-fridge and a microwave. The walls were thin and it was very noisy at night. One night there was someone smoking and talking on a phone outside of our door and I could smell the cigarette smoke in the room and hear his whole conversation. On the upside it was clean enough, and they gave us lots of towels. All things being equal I would only stay here if I could not find anything else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rooms are fine, bathrooms clean, beds comfortable. There is a nice pool for a sunny day, and a simple continental breakfast is provided to guests in the morning. We paid $20 extra for a room so my son's dog could stay with us, instead of putting him in a kennel. I suppose if someone is allergic to animals, you might want to ask if any animals have ever stayed in your room, but I think they limit the animals to only the ground floor. Overall, this experience was just fine, and I have no complaints. As a previous reviewer mentioned, this hotel is not located on the part of State Street where there are restaurants and night life, but the price is quite good for a Santa Barbara hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oasis Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!