“Great Motel in Good Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Oasis Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Oasis Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3344 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93105 (Formerly San Roque Motel)   |
Ranked #42 of 61 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Motel in Good Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were very happy with this little motel in Santa Barbara. The room was quite large and clean, we had two double beds, the bathroom was large, clean and had lots of fresh towels. The room came with an iron, ironing board and coffee maker, the bathroom had little toiletries laid out. The motel is in a good location on State Street - plenty of eateries within walking distance as well as a couple of general stores and a short cab ride away from the downtown area. It was quite warm outside and the room had a good a/c system to cool the room down quickly. There was a small parking lot outside and a nice pool/seating area just off the lot which is quiet despite being on a fairly busy road. Overall a nice little motel in a good location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Paso Robles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Not quite sure why the reviews aren't better but I was very impressed by this hotel given what it is. It is an older hotel and it is on a major street. The hotel is well kept, clean and it is very evident that the management is trying very hard to make it a nice facility. The grounds are well kept, the rooms have been updated and the bathrooms are very nice. I made a reservation for two rooms with James approximately two months in advance. Based on other reviews I called and confirmed one week out. No problems. James was at the front desk when I checked in and he accommodated us with two rooms side by side. The staff was friendly and I had no issues at check in. The rate quoted was the rate that I received. The hotel is in a good location of Santa Barbara if you are visiting the Santa Barbara Bowl. One of the nice things about the hotel is that they didn't have a two night minimum on the weekend. I thought the hotel was quaint and quiet. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room farther near the pool and on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This motel was booked at the last minute and it was quite expensive for what we got. We went to Santa Barbara on a festival weekend so the choices were few. This should be called a motel, as that's what it is. Our room had a mini-fridge and a microwave. The walls were thin and it was very noisy at night. One night there was someone smoking and talking on a phone outside of our door and I could smell the cigarette smoke in the room and hear his whole conversation. On the upside it was clean enough, and they gave us lots of towels. All things being equal I would only stay here if I could not find anything else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rooms are fine, bathrooms clean, beds comfortable. There is a nice pool for a sunny day, and a simple continental breakfast is provided to guests in the morning. We paid $20 extra for a room so my son's dog could stay with us, instead of putting him in a kennel. I suppose if someone is allergic to animals, you might want to ask if any animals have ever stayed in your room, but I think they limit the animals to only the ground floor. Overall, this experience was just fine, and I have no complaints. As a previous reviewer mentioned, this hotel is not located on the part of State Street where there are restaurants and night life, but the price is quite good for a Santa Barbara hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paso Robles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed there several times because of the cheap cost of rooms. I will not be staying again. The motel is dirty with bed bugs, then they quote one price then charged a higher price when you arrive. The last straw was when they added a smoking charge to my room even though I did not smoke inside, I went out to their smoking area.

When I call them on it they were rude and the owner never returned my call. If you have to stay there pay cash only and don't give a credit card or be prepared to be ripped off.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel, motel 6 across the street is 10 times better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Let me begin by stating that Santa Barbara is not as dog friendly as one would think considering the laid back, beach town vibe. We chose this particular hotel since there were very limited options in our price range.
The location is farther up State St. than one would like; to get to the "center" of it all you'd have to drive unless you enjoy lengthy walks.
We had our dog which was our reason for staying at this pet friendly hotel.
The carpet was wet in one spot(when we arrived), a chair in the room had a tear, there was a hole, though not all the way through on the bathroom door as if it was kicked, and my wife and I joked that it may have well been a crime scene not properly cleaned up due to what appeared to be dried blood drops on the tile near the corner. Yeah, I know, rather gross.
On grounds are some vending machines, some grassy areas with two sets of tables with chairs and a swimming pool. There was always parking available. They offer a continental breakfast of the usual: coffee, o.j., bagels, fruit, cereal, muffins, pastries, toast. The folks at the front desk were courteous and accomodating.
To wrap it up, the title to the review says it all :)

• Stayed April 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I went to the front desk for an extra room key and was told that there had been a complaint about my room. Apparently i was talking on the phone at 2am ( when im at work, duh!) and slamming doors. Obviously a misunderstanding to me. But the woman at the front desk threatened with calling the police and having me escorted out if it happened again. I did not appreciate the tone she took or the threat without checking the facts (again, i work nights!) avoid this bull!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Oasis Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!