“Very quiet” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Very quiet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night for our anniversary. It was the least expensive hotel in the area that still had nice reviews so I already knew it wouldn't be amazing, but adequate. We arrived before check in but the room was ready anyway. We had a standard queen room, and although I mentioned it was our anniversary in the booking, there was no mention of it at check-in, no upgrades of any kind, and a view of the tiny parking lot. Since I only booked the cheapest room I guess I couldn't expect much more.
The room was clean, though, and super quiet. The bathroom was stocked with the normal shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and shower cap but only one soap. Luckily I brought my own bodywash for the shower or I would have been out of luck. The strangest part of the room was a slot for your key, which is needed for the lights! It was crazy that upon check in, no one mentioned this- so I'm grateful I didn't arrive at night in the dark or I never would have found that slot. I like that this saves energy to ensure no one leaves a light on when they leave the room but it would have been good to mention this since I had no light in the bathroom and couldn't get any lights to work for some time. (at least til this was discovered)!
The window was open in the room when I got there, and didn't realize it until the next morning when I was trying to sleep and a very loud garbage truck was beeping and emptying dumpsters at 7am. It was so loud is sounded like it was right outside the window. This was certainly the worst part of my stay. Of course I already didn't have a great sleep because despite the amazing sheets, the pillows are so crazy soft you just sink into it with no neck support.

Breakfast was just ok. It runs 7-10 and I went at 9:30. At that point there was no fresh fruit left (I noticed bowls of sliced melon on both the other tables in the dining area but they never brought us any). We also got what seemed the last batch of potatoes since there weren't very many of them and they were a bit too crispy. The eggs were scrambled with tomato, feta, and spinach. There wasn't much of the spinach or tomatoes but at least it tasted alright.

The fresh baked cookies in the afternoon were a highlight and the people working were nice and helpful (other than the warning about the room lights). The hotel is easy walking distance from the water, harbor, and wharf. If you are looking for a quiet stay close to the water, this hotel is decent- just make sure your windows are closed or the morning won't be so quiet!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
surferpaul, General Manager at The Eagle Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I hope you had a happy anniversary! Thank you for choosing The Eagle Inn to celebrate your special day.
Thank you for discussing the energy saver that we installed in the rooms. I'm sorry that you weren't properly informed of how to use it. It's a great idea that works really well. We're sure it helps reduce wasted energy from lights and air conditioning and heating being left on when there's nobody in the room.
Hopefully you'll come back again next year!
The Eagle Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Lafayette, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We spotted some bikes in the back and asked about them. It was really nice to be able to tool around on those beach cruisers to see some sights along the harbor and to get some early morning exercise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your review. It's great to ride the bikes isn't it? Once in a while I get the opportunity to go for a spin along the bike path. It's so close and so scenic. Is there a better way to take in the sights?
Thank you for staying with us.
All the best
Simi Valley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have always stayed a bigger hotel chain places in the past, but this place has opened my eyes to other options. This place was great! It was quiet and low key but had everything we needed. A very clean place as well. My wife and I will be back for sure!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm so happy that you decided to give us a try! And thank you for writing a 5 star review too!
Looking forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We booked a casita. It was very good with a carport for my car. Very nice property with great quality bedding and breakfast. Cookies in the afternoon would have been nicer with a glass of wine. Location is good, walking distance to the beach and pier. A long walk or short drive to all the State Street attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I'm glad you like the sheets. We use sheets from The Comphy Company. If you'd like to get a set (or two!) we can order them for you and have them shipped to your house.
Thanks again
Oceanside Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Although the service and room were excellent the breakfast was pretty meager and simple. for the price I would expect better breakfast with maybe some wine in the afternoon instead of some small cookies.
Apparentlly at $345 a night we had the cheap seat as we had no hot tub as others have said they enjoyed

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for writing a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our rooms and service to be excellent. We do try our best to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. There are over a dozen wine tasting rooms within a 10-15 minute walk of the hotel. We would prefer to focus on making your stay comfortable rather than trying to compete with the quality and quantity of wineries that are in our neck of the woods.
Next time you come, ask about the special deals available to our guests at AVA and Kunin Wineries.
I appreciate your business. Thanks again.
Canyon Country, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Eagle Inn was a lovely place to stay. Great service all around. The breakfast in the morning was well done. Walking distance to the beach and nearby establishments. My wife and I would definitely come back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

surferpaul, General Manager at The Eagle Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thanks for the review! We'd love to have you both come back for another stay. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast too. Our staff tries hard to please everyone and make it the best place to come to in Santa Barbara.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

When my wife and I travel, we often stay in resorts. The Eagle Inn surpassed our experience at any resort. The room was great. Very large and beautiful with a balcony and hot tub. Minutes away from the beach. Breakfast brought to our door each morning! Wonderful experience!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you for the review, and thank you for coming to visit. I'm happy that my staff was able to help you enjoy your time in Santa Barbara.
The Eagle Inn

Been to The Eagle Inn? Share your experiences!