Really enjoyed my stay here. It's a really quaint B&B with lots of lovely homely touches (fire in lounge, fantastic free refreshments in afternoon/eve, great muffins at breakfast), but it has the professionalism of a well-run hotel too. Our room was fab too - huge bed and tasteful decor, although the bathroom was a bit of a squeeze. Hotel is well located for restaurants, shopping, etc, too, and although some may argue it's a bit of a way from the beach (25 min walk perhaps?) there was a regular shuttle bus in the area and it's a lovely stroll through much of the entertainment/cultural/shopping areas. Whatsmore, fantastic restuarants no distance from the hotel (we particuarly liked Opal). The wine and cheese the hotels lay on in late afternoon/ early eve (as well as milk and cookies before bed) also went down well - great for relaxing with after a day exploring. Thorougly recommend this hotel - a real find!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara