Although it is quite a walk to the beach, it was easy enough to reach on the bus, and we enjoyed being slightly away from the crowds. The Upham is old school and quaint so if you like everything brand new and shiny, it might not be for you. But we loved it and our stay was relaxing and comfortable. The public areas, both inside and the courtyard garden are very pretty and refreshments are served in the afternoon. We didn't have any trouble parking at the hotel but once at the hotel we didn't use the car much as Santa Barbara is such a marvellous place to stroll around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara