I had stayed at this charming hotel previously and was happy to return. This time I was booked at the Country House which is located just across the street from the Upham. Our room was small but very comfortable. A lovely and delicious breakfast is offered daily as well as afternoon wine and cheese and evening cookies! YUM! We loved coming back after a day of sightseeing to this welcoming home to just sit and relax with a nice glass of wine. Alex and Maureen were a delight and really made our stay so wonderful.
This hotel is also perfectly situated. Just a couple blocks from State Street but far enough away to enjoy some peace and quiet. We never got in our car the whole weekend. Just walked everywhere.
I look forward to my next stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara