Upham House is the oldest inn in SB. There is the main house, with a separately run restaurant serving really tasty food, and cottages set around a sweet rose garden at the rear. Parking is available out back too, it's tight but fine. Each cottage contained 4 suites with a large bedroom and decent bathroom. The cottage rooms varied in price up to $300, we negotiated to $225 per night for 2 nights as late arrivals. Our room had a queen bed which was a bit soft and a gas fireplace with real flames, we lit it up to get a roaring fire going as the room was cold in March. The wifi connection was good also. Breakfast was an ok continental, I always expect some cooked sausages or bacon at a B&B so that disappoints. It was a safe 30 min walk to the shops and beach down State Rd though there is plenty of parking in town if you drive in. Plenty of homeless along the way but not pushy or aggressive at all. Enjoyed sitting out in the garden for an hour to relax. All in all a good stay, perhaps a little pricey considering the average breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara