The Country Inn owned by the Upham is where 4 of us stayed. Two of us booked the Penthouse to have more room. It was $475 per night, and we got it discounted at $425. I still felt it was very overpriced and not a good value. We were not able to control our temperature in the room and the main sitting area in the general living room downstairs was cold too.
The Innkeeper was wonderful and cooked us fantastic hot breakfast, wine and appetizers in the afternoon were great and nice freshly baked cookies and breakfast breads. I don't recommend booking the Penthouse for the price it wasn't worth it. Older properties need maintanance in order to keep their charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara