We chose this Hotel to get away from the corporate chains and a desire for some old world charm.
The Upham did not let us down. Beautiful gardens, spacious rooms, lovely lounge area with fire place where breakfast is served from 7 till 11am and drinks and nibbles from 4 till 7pm.
Just 2 blocks walk to famous State street was another bonus. Our only negative is that the room we had no 32 needed updating, TV still the old big box and the furnishings whilst comfortable is tired. We would go back just the same as we noted they were updating the rooms progressively with one section closed while in that process.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara