The Upham is the perfect getaway for the weekend. It is a great B&B and it was built in the 1870s. This is all about expectations. 1870s means, small rooms, small bathrooms, etc. However, if you know this going in you can have a wonderful time. The grounds are nice for relaxing and the breakfast buffet is much better than average.
It is a short 2 block walk to state street and the best part about the entire place is Louie's is in the hotel itself which is my favorite restaurant in Southern California.
Because of the location and the restaurant, we just park are car and do not get back in it until we check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara