This hotel, which is separate from the main building is very quiet and the sitting room is large and comfortable. The garden in the back is well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful; the breakfasts were large and delicious with an assortment of fresh fruit, granola, sweet breads, juices, coffee and teas. Our room was small but clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. This was our second time staying at the Country House, which I would recommend highly.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- The Upham Hotel
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.