“Nice Place To Stay For A Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Santa Ana
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1623 East 1st Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701   |
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Santa Ana
Selden, New York
“Nice Place To Stay For A Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Things I Love About This Place:- Convenient Free Parking, With Route 5 Only A Minute Away....The Oversized Rectangular Hot Tub/Pool, Is 25 Feet Or Less From Most Rooms, That Surround It, On The 1st Floor....Great Rates That Include A 10% Senior Discount....Clean Rooms That Are Quiet To Outside Noise....A More Low Key, Personalized Service Feel............Things I Don't Like:- Paying For Wi-Fi

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sun Valley, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Do you enjoy flies buzzing about the front door of the hotel?...Do you enjoy once a week room cleaning?...How about ROACHES in the room?....Then this is the place for you! After a couple of days at this garbage pit, I began to experience severe bouts of nausea and vertigo (room spinning around) and discovered that as soon as I left the hotel, these issues went away.I would wake up the next morning with the same problems.After a few days of this, my wife convinced me to go to the hospital, where they ran me thru a battery of tests(M.R.I. and bloodwork)only to send me on my way with what they thought was an ear infection.The only thing is,they had looked in my ears and found nothing wrong and didn't prescribe an antibiotic(required by law when an infection is suspected).Upon returning to the motel,here comes the sickness again! Then I find roaches in the ceiling light! That was enough for me! I checked out and found a different hotel to stay in and all my symptoms disappeared,never to return again. So,you tell me...coincidence? I don't think so.Now I have a $2,000.00+ hospital bill to pay thanks to this germ-farm.Do yourself a favor...AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Room Tip: Make sure the room you choose is un another hotel entirely!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Everything was great the location the staff and desk clerks but the security guard was a goober..Knocking on my door at 3 a.m. for nothing asking was there someone else in my room and when I siad no I got no apology...Not only that I caught him in and out of a girl room who was obviously prostituting...What a lame otis security guard lol

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

When i arrived at Motel 6 in Santa Ana, the staff was friendly, and gave me a good room. I felt safe and secure in the motel. The next morning, the staff asked me about my stay, and if I was comfortable. I was very happy with the service, and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel on 7/4/11 4th of July, and of course your gonna hear fireworks everywhere, but they stopped about 10pm didn't bother us, but on to the hotel review, we arrived at this hotel thinking it looked like a bad neighborhood, we were little concerned, we went into our room (203) and it was really clean, and the sheets and bed covers were clean, I usually inspect under the bed sheets to see of any evidence of bed bugs have been there, but there was nothing under the sheets covering the bed, we stayed only 1 night, was quiet the whole night, we would stay here again, would recommend to everyone if you just need a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2011
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I've stayed at a number of Motel 6's throughout my life. This wasn't the worst, but it definitely wasn't the best either. Overall, it was clean and a decent room for the price, but the beds were literally some of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever experienced. For as many decent reviews as this Motel 6 had, I would have expected it to be better. Instead, it was just average all around.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I arranged a room via the MOtel 6 1-800 phone line & was incorrectly booked for the wrong night. Oscar @ the property's front desk informed me that the property was sold out for the evening, but after learning about my dilemma he went out of his way to secure a room @ a neighboring property for me @ a great rate. Oscar showed he recognized my value & was sincere in helping me out.
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Thanks Oscar...I will come back because of you.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Santa Ana? Share your experiences!