“Motel 6 Irvine - Orange County Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Irvine - Orange County Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Irvine - Orange County Airport
Motel 6 Irvine - Orange County Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1717 E Dyer Rd, Santa Ana, CA 92705 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #20 of 25 hotels in Santa Ana
Anaheim, California
“Motel 6 Irvine - Orange County Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The staff was friendly and very accommodating . The location was close to the shopping mall and had easy on/off to the 55 FWY. The motel 6 rates were great, front desk gave discounts to seniors. There are many restaurants nearby to choose from.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Its a motel 6 so you don't expect much but this place is the low point of any stay. It looks fine from the outside but don't be fooled. Just because it's Cheap shouldn't mean its dirty, but in this case it was. The carpet was really cruddy, don't go in any of these motels without a pair of flip flops, but army boots would have been better for this one, I don't want to belabor the point stay away especially if you are traveling with children.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lake Havadu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

When we arrived late in the evening we didn't realize how filty and stained and worn out the carpet was. I pulled down the bedspread and the bottom sheet wasn't completely on the bed, bunched in the middle as though someone else had slept on it and it was never changed. Told the front desk and they handed me sheets to make my own bed. The next day I didn't get maid service or clean towels, when I called the front desk they told me they had a shortage of towels so I could come down to the front desk and get towels. When I stayed a third day, (I know I should have left after day one, but was without a vehicle) the manager took $20.00 off my bill. Whoopty-doo. That day we didn't get maid service until 5:30 in the evening, no clean towels or plastic cups or toilet paper. None of the maids speak english. It was a nightmare.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Riverside, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I will start by noting that we did not have high standards for this. All the other hotels were booked and we figured as a last resort, this would be a clean place to rest our heads for one evening so we could spend the weekend at the beach.

We left 10 minutes after checking in and got a refund. Absolutely filthy!!! I had to wait awhile for someone to acknowledge me at the front desk. After she checked me in she actually said if I left a review, "don't say you had to wait a long time"...for real?

Walking to our room we saw ample broken glass, trash ALL OVER the grounds, a working girl and her client. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking and it smelled so awful. I found ashes on the windowsill and cigarette butts in the room (I know they can't control all smoking, but obviously they cleaned without care), cigarette burns on the blankets and filthy pillow cases and back out the door we went.

They were kind enough about my refund, still need to check if it turns back up on my card. The whole surrounding area was booked for some kind of event, we decided just to drive back home.

DO NOT GO HERE! We do not have luxury standards, we are a young, laid back family who would prefer adventures and good meals to splurging on the hotel room. However, at minimum we expect clean and safe. This place was our last ditch effort to secure a night for the weekend and I would not recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Prescott Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very nice motel for the price. Staff are helpful and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Our stay: walk in to room and instantly there is a strong stench of urine, take shoes off to get in bed & step into a large puddle of urine next to the bed.. Ask to change rooms, try to use the shower to wash my foot but there are black hairs all in the bathtub, disgusted & frustrated. Try laying in the bed but it feels dirty. Get out of bed because I start itching all over (bed bugs or not properly cleaned sheets, don't want to know). Then we are both mad and want a full refund but the manager doesn't want to help us, she would rather sleep than help customers. Once se finally gets up and comes downstairs, she chooses to argue with us for over an hour rather than apologizing for the bad experience. Once we threaten to talk to her boss the next day, she finally decides to refund our stay. Even though it's dirt cheap, in our opinion it's not even worth a dime to stay there, so beware.

• Stayed May 2012
Kennewick, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

we originally booked our hotel for maingate anahiem CA, but they overbooked and we were then moved here, they never my daughters room for the five days we were there, and our room they would make one bed and not the other, they kept giving our rooms to other customers and we were promised a fridge like we reserved but never got it until the last day of our stay, this place was dirty and the staff didn't seem to know there job.

Room Tip: don't stay here, our room was non smoking but smelled so much like smoke they changed our rooms...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Irvine - Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!