When we checked in they mentioned renovations were going on. When we entered the room it had a very new smell. It was obvious the carpet had been replaced quite recently. The couch and chair also appeared to be new.
We must have been the first guests in the room after the carpet was replaced, because the room was not ready for guests. There were no TV remote in the room. The TV in the living room would not turn on and the desk was extremely rickety. All the above were reported on separate occasions, as they were discovered and quickly addressed.
Additionally the phone had the wrong room number on it. The drawers on the dresser in the bedroom would not stay closed, and kept sliding open about 6 inches. One of the plastic rings that hold the shower curtain was missing. The rolling desk chair was also very wobbly.
The rooms were spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was quite small, but there is a second sink and the bedroom.
The room was in good shape at a quick glance, but did show some wear, which is not uncommon in any hotel.
There was a sink in the living room, with microwave and mini refrigerator.
The cooked to order breakfast was very good.
The pool area was very nice and included a hot tub. There was a significant amount of water on the floor between the pool and hot tub, and it appeared the drain was not working. This was reported to the front desk, I did not have time to return to the pool, so do not know if it was corrected.
All staff encountered were friendly and professional and knowledgeable.
We saw carpet being replaced on additional floors being renovated with carpet and paint. Not sure how much else is being done to the rooms. More attention needs to be paid to details when re-opening the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gem among Santa Ana hotels, Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North features comfortable accommodations and a full range of thoughtful amenities. Set just two-and-a-half miles from John Wayne/Orange County Airport, this all-suite hotel is located within easy reach of many Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Tustin area businesses and corporations. Relax in a two-room suite with a separate living area and enjoy amenities such as two large, flat-screen TVs, a microwave and WiFi access. Host a corporate meeting or special event at this Santa Ana hotel, offering more than 8,000 sq. ft. of versatile meeting space for up to 380 guests. Relax while expert event planners take care of the details and enjoy all the support you need for business in the 24-hour BusinessLink™ business center.Start each morning with a free cooked-to-order breakfast and savor complimentary drinks and snacks at the Evening Reception*. Indulge in classic American cuisine and sample delicious signature desserts at the Sweet Spot Sports Bar & Grille. Bathe in this Santa Ana, California hotel's soothing whirlpool or plunge into the heated indoor pool. Re-energize with an invigorating workout in the modern fitness center, get some work done in the fully equipped 24-hour business center, or explore nearby Santa Ana area attractions.*Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Parking: Self Parking is available to guest at $15.00 per night. Valet Parking is available to guests at $19.00 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North Hotel Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North CA