“Average hotel, excellent staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North

You added Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1325 East Dyer Road, Santa Ana, CA 92705   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Gas Card Package
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis
“Average hotel, excellent staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

When we checked in they mentioned renovations were going on. When we entered the room it had a very new smell. It was obvious the carpet had been replaced quite recently. The couch and chair also appeared to be new.

We must have been the first guests in the room after the carpet was replaced, because the room was not ready for guests. There were no TV remote in the room. The TV in the living room would not turn on and the desk was extremely rickety. All the above were reported on separate occasions, as they were discovered and quickly addressed.

Additionally the phone had the wrong room number on it. The drawers on the dresser in the bedroom would not stay closed, and kept sliding open about 6 inches. One of the plastic rings that hold the shower curtain was missing. The rolling desk chair was also very wobbly.

The rooms were spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was quite small, but there is a second sink and the bedroom.

The room was in good shape at a quick glance, but did show some wear, which is not uncommon in any hotel.

There was a sink in the living room, with microwave and mini refrigerator.

The cooked to order breakfast was very good.

The pool area was very nice and included a hot tub. There was a significant amount of water on the floor between the pool and hot tub, and it appeared the drain was not working. This was reported to the front desk, I did not have time to return to the pool, so do not know if it was corrected.

All staff encountered were friendly and professional and knowledgeable.

We saw carpet being replaced on additional floors being renovated with carpet and paint. Not sure how much else is being done to the rooms. More attention needs to be paid to details when re-opening the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PHild2312, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, and we appreciate the kind words regarding our staff. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you experienced some difficulties during your stay. Guest comfort and safety are our top priorities and we regret you did not experience this. The hotel is currently renovationg all of our guest rooms and the hotel will have a fresh new look by mid summer.. We certainly will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Best regards, Pamela Hild Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Campinas, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the worst hotel in this category I ever stayed.

The elevators does not work (3 of 5 out of service) and the remaining two are too slow. 10 minutes waiting.

The rooms are dark and does not smell good. The housekeeping always forget something: towels, soap, coffee, ...

No free internet. You pay US$6.70 per 24 hours. La Quinta hotels (next door) is cheaper and offers internet free of charge.

Summary: You can get the same service in cheaper hotels around. This hotel couldn't be part of Hilton Family.

Room Tip: Breakfast is good, but avoid peak hours. It's crowd. There´s no enough tables.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PHild2312, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our your stay here. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We are currently undergoing a renovation that includes elevators and guest suites. The condition of our suites is very important to us as we aim to provide guests with the best accommodations and service. Regarding our Internet pricing, the hotel does offer a room rate that is inclusive of internet and we would be happy to assist you in booking this in the future. We are very sorry you had a uncomfortable stay at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and experience our new look and elevators.
Sincerely, Pamela Hild, Director of Sales
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was skeptical. However, this property is beautiful outside and inside.
The atrium is very nice and relaxing. The room was large, clean and very accommodating. The manager's reception was very nice. I don't expect a full meal at these, and the snacks were appreciated. The breakfast was great! The front desk staff were very accommodating in helping us find a good seafood restaurant for dinner. Our room was a very comfortable temperature, and I have nothing but good things to say about this property!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It is great to hear you had a nice stay with us! We hope you will come back to visit us again soon!

Pamela Hild, Director of Sales
Brentwood, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When I checked in I had to use my credit card instead of the corporate card that was used to hold the reservations. My corporate office had to jump through hoops to get them to accept the card after I had checked in. I was cold every night and used the extra bedding for my bed, because of the heating/air conservation. One set of elevators was down and there was construction being done on the 10th floor so only 2 elevators were in working order. When I arrived there was only sugar in the room, no creamer, and the sugar looked old. The person who checked me in did not even seem to care about my distress with using my own personal credit card. Thus I have asked my corporate office not to book me here, instead I will book myself into a Marriott Hotel close by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our suites. Guest comfort and safety are our top priorities and we regret you did not experience this. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Best regards, Pamela Hild, Director of Sales
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I chair committees that work in the Tustin/Santa Ana/ Garden Grove/ Orange County area. The hotel is convenient to all areas, and always clean, welcoming, and provides the privacy needed to complete the business assignments. We always eat in the restaurant, and the food is exceptional. The breakfast, and manager's reception are terrific, as they assist in beginning and ending a long day of work.

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear you had a good stay with us and that you enjoy our breakfast, evening managers reception and Sweet Spot Bar and Grill. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back to visit us again soon!

Pamela Hild, Director of Sales
Manalapan, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel week for Feb 11th.. Hotel looks very nice from outside.. Staff was nice.. Check in process was fast & easy..
--> Atrium area is nice, but similar to any other Embassy suites.

The rooms are a different story. I stayed in the 8th floor... Being a loyal HH member, this hotel really needs a lot of work in the rooms.. I would NOT recommend a stay here.. You may want stay elsewhere for a Hilton Hotel or the other Embassy Suites near John Wayne Airport.

My Observations & Opinions on my recent stay:
--> Room carpets are disgusting & the rooms odor is NOT pleasant.
--> Bathroom is very small. Bath room door is NOT even a full size door. Bathroom ceiling is so low; placement of toilet & you get a very claustrophobic feel. You have NO space to move in the bath room & this is supposed to be suite Hotel.
--> Bed mattress is okay & I was NOT able to get a good sleep... Marriott hotels puts Hilton to shame here... Pillows are horrible.. Stay at any Marriott property & their beds are superb, whether it's the courtyard, Residence Inn or the JW Marriott properties... They did NOT skimp on bed mattresses.
--> Room decor seems very very dark & old.. Bathroom's wall paper is horrible. Can they NOT at least paint a room where folks would want to stay..

--> Work desk: For a business traveler, work desk is next to a corner wall.. Try to get some work done and watch TV in the bedroom.. Location does NOT work & work desk can NOT be moved..
--> Try putting a laptop, Your small bag, phone w/charger & you have no room to work.. (You have a PAY for Wireless Internet access --My gripe for paying $150+/night...)

I have stayed at the Residence Inn at La Mirada a few times & others near Irvine & they put this hotel to shame.. I wanted to shorter commute for work & next time I'll take the extra 30 min commute & stay at another Marriott Residence Inn property...
--> Breakfast: If you are NOT a omlet & eggs person.. The B-Fast get old very quickly.. Also they rush to clean up before the closing time.. Staff should wait until after the closing time.. I find it irritating they start to close up 15-20 min before close time.
--> Coffee is horrible...can they stop bringing small muffins & danish (same flavor) every day.. How about some croissants, or some other pastry during a few days...Just my opinion here!

--> The evening Reception (great for a evening drink).. Howeve, the munchies deserves some upgardes.. (fish crackers, chips, & salsa chips...) Every day.. Kids may love it.. But it's a real disappointment.
--> Also in the Atrium, by all the dining table.. I found only 2 places where I could plugin my laptop or charge my phone.. It would be nice to see some charging ports for phones or at least plugin for Laptops...

At least 1 elevator was NOT working during my stay.. Elevators are also slow in working..

I have enjoyed many stays at Embassy Suites in the past year & this ranks as worst. I would recommends you stay elsewhere; may want to try the other Embassy suite near the airport.

I hope that the management at this property make changes to make the rooms updated... Suffice to say, I will NOT be staying here again.

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay with us. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. The condition of our suites is very important to us as we aim to provide guests with the best accommodations and service. The hotel is currently undergoing a renovation to our suites and elevators. The issue with the breakfast food selection has been forwarded to our chef and we are very sorry this led to uncomfortable stay at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and experience our new look.
Sincerely, Pamela Hild, Director of Sales
Londonderry, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Overall a very nice stay for the money. Unreasonable internet charges are hard to understand however..elevator service was close to unbearable..many minutes wasted waiting for an elevator! Great breakfast every day but nightly reception needs something better to munch on.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North? Share your experiences!