It was late, we were still soaked from our trip to Sea World San Diego, and we didn't want to stay "just anywhere". My husband pulled into Embassy Suites Santa Ana and went in to see if there were vacancies while I browsed reviews. I read some horrifying reviews and before I could call to tell him to forget it, he came out with room keys in hand.
Some of the reviewers complaints were on target. There was no individual climate control in the rooms, and our room was a bit cold, especially with our wet clothes on. The internet was not free, as is common in most hotels these days. We only stayed the one night though, so we dealt with it. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept like babies. Hot water was plentiful, the pool,hot tub, and fitness room were great, and the made-to-order omelets in the breakfast room were fantastic. We opened the door to a small balcony off the bedroom and it solved the cold room problem nicely.
The final victory for us was the price. We were quoted $209 a night (it was a Tuesday night), but a military/government discount was available and we got the room for $125.
Overall, there were a couple of minor complaints, but we'd definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gem among Santa Ana hotels, Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North features comfortable accommodations and a full range of thoughtful amenities. Set just two-and-a-half miles from John Wayne/Orange County Airport, this all-suite hotel is located within easy reach of many Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Tustin area businesses and corporations. Relax in a two-room suite with a separate living area and enjoy amenities such as two large, flat-screen TVs, a microwave and WiFi access. Host a corporate meeting or special event at this Santa Ana hotel, offering more than 8,000 sq. ft. of versatile meeting space for up to 380 guests. Relax while expert event planners take care of the details and enjoy all the support you need for business in the 24-hour BusinessLink™ business center.Start each morning with a free cooked-to-order breakfast and savor complimentary drinks and snacks at the Evening Reception*. Indulge in classic American cuisine and sample delicious signature desserts at the Sweet Spot Sports Bar & Grille. Bathe in this Santa Ana, California hotel's soothing whirlpool or plunge into the heated indoor pool. Re-energize with an invigorating workout in the modern fitness center, get some work done in the fully equipped 24-hour business center, or explore nearby Santa Ana area attractions.*Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Otel, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North Hotel Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North CA