“Stay at Quality Inn across the street!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Santa Ana
Laughlin, Nevada
“Stay at Quality Inn across the street!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed 4/19/15, the night they were resurfacing their entire parking lot. Guests were forced to park on the other side of the freeway in a Motel 6 parking lot with a shuttle to take you back and forth. Of course this type of maintenance needs to be done, but the staff was not at all sympathetic or apologetic about it. The lady who checked me in was completely cold about it. The manager outside was quite belligerent with my boyfriend, who, unaware, had already parked the car. Signs on the lobby door stated that all cars must be off property by10:30 pm and it was only 6 or 6:30. This man insisted that we could not unload the car and move our luggage to our room. We must follow the shuttle driver, transfer out luggage to his van, then bring it all back to the hotel. All of this would have been merely a minor inconvenience if the staff had been more sympathetic. To put the icing on the cake, our room had no rod in the closet area to hang our clothes, there were buckets of something outside our room along with a half jug of water, there was no seal around the door so even when tightly closed light, air, bugs, or whatever had free access, and the Jacuzzi had a tower of foam in the center of it almost a foot tall... not very inviting. We were very disappointed and do not plan to ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel...read the reviews.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paso Robles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

We stayed at this facility in March of 2015. It is comparatively cheap but even for a Comfort Inn facility it is very weary. The room was marginal at best. The bathroom and bathtub were chipped, spotty, not well cleaned. Walls were stained and dirty throughout. Overall, the entire place is in serious need of an overhaul. The beds were like being on a waterbed but some like that I am sure. I never saw a no smoking sign and smoke certainly wafted to our 3rd story room. The breakfast was the standard breakfast that most of these places have. However, there was no coffee until we asked someone to replace the empty container. The remainder of the "breakfast" was the usual cardboardy, mass produced fare. That is to be expected and not unusual but seemed just a bit worse here. There is basically no place inside to eat. Just a couple tables. Fortunately the outside weather was nice and we were good with that. In bad weather I am not sure what could be done.

Overall, yes, you get what you pay for but this was by far the most worn out Comfort Inn we have ever stayed in. Next time, and there will be many more times to come, we will need to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Check the room first.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I am only giving this hotel one star because that is what is required as minimum. I read some of the reviews after the stay and this place needs way more than updating. The stay began with coming back from dinner and having someone doing drugs in one corner of the back parking lot and someone else urinating in another. The gentlemen urinating in the parking lot got in his white van after we exited our car and watched us very closely until we were out of site. Im not 100% sure of what happened after that, but my husband went outside to get something he left in the car and low and behold someone had hit the back of my car and the paint on it was...what...white. I of course went through the entire parking lot looking at every white car looking for my silver car paint on it and found nothing so we can only speculate. We had a reservation for 2 nights, didnt really want to stay this night but it was already 10 at night. The cherry topper in the morning was bugs in the bathroom, oh man, I dont even want my mind to go through what could have been lurking in the night, and lets not forget about the stains on the couch mattress. I went to the front desk, which is where breakfast also was being served and I was very quiet about my situation, let the young lady know what had happened and was happening and that I would not be staying my second night. I was only asking to be reimbursed for the night I was not going to stay and well you know she couldnt help me and the manager wouldnt be in til noon. We had Mickey to visit so we packed up and left the room I was not going to stay there another moment!!! After calling at noon from the park I was told the manager would not be in til 3 OMG how do you run a business with no one that can make decisions. The only positive thing out of that 24 hours was that andre (manager) was kind enough to phone us back and refund out one night. This place is awful on every level.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

Room was clean, but the bathroom needed renovating badly. Sink plug didn't work so water drained slowly out of sink, tub is badly chipped, toilet stained. Free WiFi was usually not working. Made looking things up on the laptop for apartment hunting very tough. I was constantly calling the desk letting them know when the WiFi was out, sometimes they reset the router, other times they did not.

Room Tip: Yes on ADVERTISED free wifi, don't depend on it!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Fruitland, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

This hotel's rooms need
some updating. We had a quiet room on the back. Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was better than continental. Pool was really clean and warm and they kept towels out all the time. Location was great.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

Hotel has problems:
1) They use a credit card imprinter to store credit card number
2) Person who check us in looked unprofessional to say the least (button up shirt with a graphic representation of a tie printed in it and a faux fur collared leather jacket)
3) Rooms not maintained well:
A) Window frame separating from glass, all of the furniture was dented and chipped
B) AC unit was seperating from the wall, enough to see outside and place a small hand through.
C) Burnt out light bulb in the bathroom and the mirror was not even mounted to the wall level.
D) Trash was outside the window on a 2 floor room
E) Improper electrical box covers
F) Vent hole for the shower was too large for the vent

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

Stayed here evening of 5 feb. Very good hotel. Plenty of free parking , and elevators to higher floors . Clean well appointed room. Free wifi and good quality breakfast with seating in the lobby area. . Good beds and friendly staff. Recommended

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
CA800, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I'm thrilled that your experience was such an excellent one! I'm also pleased to say that as good as your stay was this time around, it will be even better in the future. Our new ownership has many renovation projects planned to be completed over the next few months which will make our property as a whole an even better experience for all our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Andre Neuman
Assistant General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!