“Cannot Recommend” 1 of 5 stars

“Cannot Recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel has problems:
1) They use a credit card imprinter to store credit card number
2) Person who check us in looked unprofessional to say the least (button up shirt with a graphic representation of a tie printed in it and a faux fur collared leather jacket)
3) Rooms not maintained well:
A) Window frame separating from glass, all of the furniture was dented and chipped
B) AC unit was seperating from the wall, enough to see outside and place a small hand through.
C) Burnt out light bulb in the bathroom and the mirror was not even mounted to the wall level.
D) Trash was outside the window on a 2 floor room
E) Improper electrical box covers
F) Vent hole for the shower was too large for the vent

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here evening of 5 feb. Very good hotel. Plenty of free parking , and elevators to higher floors . Clean well appointed room. Free wifi and good quality breakfast with seating in the lobby area. . Good beds and friendly staff. Recommended

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
CA800, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I'm thrilled that your experience was such an excellent one! I'm also pleased to say that as good as your stay was this time around, it will be even better in the future. Our new ownership has many renovation projects planned to be completed over the next few months which will make our property as a whole an even better experience for all our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

I moved here from another hotel in Santa Ana. You may see my review of that one. "9 months at the Holiday Inn". I couldn't afford to stay at that one any longer so I was lucky enough to find the Comfort Inn. I had a room right at the pool and hot tub at about half the price. Now I must say the breakfast wasn't the greatest especially after a hundred days of it but it was just a short walk to many other places. I even walked to the Holiday Inn for breakfast. The people at the front desk and housekeeping were and still are like family to me. They even gave my bank a financial statement so I could buy a Condo in the area. I never saw anything bad happen like other reviews said

Room Tip: Even numbers face the pool
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
CA800, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It was an absolute pleasure to have you here, Michael. The staff and I were happy to help you in every way possible, and we were sad to see you go (though thrilled for you to have found such a wonderful place to move in to!) On behalf of everyone here, we truly hope to see you again!

Upland CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

Even though it wasn't far from my home i'am in sales so I needed nice neat place more local in that area were I could meet customers in that area they are part of choice hotels and had specials were you earned a free night after two different stays Ontario CA was another location they were very Courteous, let me check in early and check out late I had to leave my car there a couple days they even picked me up and dropped me off to get my rent a car they had a excellent breakfast and the room had a frig,microwave , coffee maker hd TV and iron all for $60 so I brought my own food witch if I ate out I would spent that mutch and close to events in Orange County plus you earn points towards free rooms about 20 nights for about $800 excellent value the staff too !

• Stayed November 2014
CA800, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I'm thrill to hear your experience was so enjoyable! I'm glad to hear as well that you've joined the Choice Privileges program and are taking advantage of the wonderful offers to be had with it. We hope to see you again in the future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

If you enjoy people arguing about meth and the pounds of drugs they have or if you enjoy throw up in the parking lot after someone exited their car- then this is your place! We watched two people fighting early one morning in the lobby during breakfast about all the meth she's doing and then we had to call security because another couple were fighting in the parking lot. One night when myself and our two daughters were in the jacuzzi, three men joined us bragging about their drinks and then another man got in smoking in the jacuzzi. We had to leave. We felt soooo uncomfortable. The morning my daughter checked out, she went up front to get our deposit and apparently my daughter left the door cracked open and housekeeping called to say there was a man in our room! Creepy, sketchy, just NO. Avoid it. The breakfast wasn't that good anyway and the rooms are very small. Will never stay there again. Don't waste your money! I did not feel safe there at all.

Stayed January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of the entire staff I sincerely apologize for the experience you had! The events you describe are certainly not typical for our hotel, and I'm deeply embarrassed that this happened to you. We have recently been acquired by new ownership, and over the upcoming months we will be making several changes and improvements to the property designed to give our guests a better overall experience and reduce the chances of an undesirable experience like yours. I wholeheartedly invite you to return in the future to see the progress we've made to that end.

Antioch, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

Booked our room Thursday night knowing we would check in early Friday morning. upon arriving at the hotel around 5AM no one was attending the front desk. I waited quite a while and no one came out until the phone rang. After checking into the room my grand daughter got locked into the bath room. It took several calls to the front desk we finaly got an answer and was told some one would come right up. after an hour my husband finaly freed the girls. upon complaining to front desk we were told maintenance did not arrive until 8 am in the morning. We were told door would be fixed that day. after arriving back for the evening kids got stuck again. was not offered any compensation. Breakfast area small and food quality was not great. Left review on official web site and got standard sorry come again and we will try to give you a better experience. At this point probaly will not stay there again.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
San Luis Obispo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

The place is worn out and beat. Stayed two nights and checked in late the first night. Room smelled like heavy duty cleaning chemicals but too tired to deal with the problem. Shower was moldy, thick silicone around all of the fixtures and what must have been three layers of paint on everything. Contact front desk and they agreed to moved me to another room. When I went to move rooms a few hours later, they had given it to another customer. Was told we had to vacate first room so they could rent it out (didn’t they understand it had a strong chemical smell?) and wait until another room had been cleaned. So we loaded up all of our property and made a second trip back to hotel and was given a room with only one bed. Then the same story, no clean rooms so we had to reload our gear back into the car. Had to make a third trip later in the day to finally get into a new room. New room didn’t smell but sticky carpet and busted up door with a ½” gap which let in the cold air. Breakfast was sub-par. Only 10 total chairs for a large hotel. Normal low end continental breakfast items buy cheapest possible 6 oz Styrofoam cups, flimsy plastic utensils and plates. Stale cereal that looked like it had never been rotated, just refilled. Didn’t know they made 4oz yogurts. Thing that grossed me out the most was the “Kitchen Prep Area” I had to dump out travel mug and saw the door open. Stepped in to use the sink and saw it was more like a janitor’s closet. Super dirty and with one microwave over the service sink with a plate full of sausages sitting inside of one side with dirty dishes on the other. Just waiting to get diarrhea from the cross contaminated food service. Pool was cold and so over chlorinated you couldn’t get close to the water. Stay next door at the best western. A bit more money but well maintained.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!