“Great service, updated rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Santa Ana
S.F. Bay Area
“Great service, updated rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Everyone is so polite at this hotel. Excellent service from the bistro as well as the manager on duty to make sure everything was to my needs. My room was updated with the latest Courtyard facade so felt new and was clean. I was hoping my Platinum status would have gotten me a room over the pool instead of noisy Harbor Blvd but I was too tired to complain. I just turned on the fan and drowned out the road noise. I also had a room on ground floor and my reservation asked for high floor. Overall though, I will definitely stay here again. Good location next to the 405 freeway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
snasa, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the generous review. We are extremely pleased to hear that the staff was able to create an enjoyable experience for you. I apologize for the discrepency between your request and your placement in the hotel. This is helpful feedback to share with our staff.

We would love to have you back with us upon your next visit to the area.

Mikaela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Let me start with the pros:

-Nice room decor.
-Excellent, polite service at the front desk from Jared.

Now the cons:

-Too much noise from busy Harbor Blvd...not relaxing to listen to traffic all day and night.
-TV placed to the SIDE of the bed, rather than at the foot. Very awkward angle on the neck!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the building OPPOSITE of Harbor Blvd, unless of course you enjoy liste...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback, and are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the service. Due to your reviews such as yours we are able to better understand the functionality of the rooms.

We hope to have you back at the hotel in the near future!

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I really like this hotel. The front desk staff are very knowledgable about directions and made me feel like family. The rooms and hotel have recently been renovated and everything in the room was new. I liked having a balcony.They don't have a free breakfast but the restaurant serves the best breakfast it is better than getting the same boring buffet breakfast. It would be nice if they would have coffee in the lobby. The hotel is 5 minutes from the John Wayne airport and 10 minutes from the Huntington Beach Pier. I stayed here 12 days for business and definitely will go back.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
snasa, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that you were pleased with our newly renovated rooms and were able to enjoy the Bistro.

We cannot wait to have you back! Hopefully next time it will be a leisurely trip instead of all business :)

Adrian, Michigan
1,282 reviews 1,282 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was convenient to our morning appointment in Tustin. It was a good choice as the hotel was off the beaten path a little but easy to find with GPS. It had an attractive appearance outside and a nice décor in the lobby area. The grounds were also very attractive. The check-in experience was easy and efficient. The rooms were well maintained, comfortable and spacious. The bed was comfortable and enabled a good night's sleep. The WiFi worked well during our stay. The Bistro in the morning was a nice option for breakfast as the prices were reasonable with some good, healthy choices. The checkout was also very efficient. The rates were pretty good for the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a hotel in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are sincerely happy to hear that not only was our close proximity to your appointment ideal, but that our staff and amenities met your needs and expectations so well.

Your lovely review is very kind and appreciated. We very much hope to see you back the next time you find yourself in the area.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

this is a great hotel if you're going to a concert at The Observatory. it's cross the street so no need to worry about parking or driving afterwards. However note, that there's not much around as far as nightlife.

The hotel has a nice lounge with beer, wine and some cocktails..

the rooms have been re-done and are more modern.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
snasa, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your review. We are so pleased that the proximity to the Observatory worked so well for your stay.

I'm also very happy you were able to enjoy our Bistro at night.

We would love to have you back if you ever plan on seeing another show or are visiting the area again!

Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

It is tough to review this hotel. It is in the process of a remodel and so it might be a completely different property in a couple of months.

The lobby area has been remodeled to the new Courtyard standard. So it is nice and modern. The rooms however are being torn apart. My room was fine. Standard Courtyard.

One complaint is that the room's main lights are motion sensored. So they will turn off after a while. I'm all for going green but they are not very sensitive so I had them turning off even when I was in the room.

The pool area looked nice. It is outside and has a nice feel to it. The workout area was pretty poor but I was told it was going to be expanded.

Overall not a bad place, but be prepared for construction. Should be looking good when it is done.

• Stayed March 2013
snasa, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I'm very excited to say that we are now completely finished with our room renovation you noticed was going on during your stay.

Your feedback on the lights shutting off while you were in the room is very helpful to ensure everything is in perfectly working condition.

I am so glad you were able to enjoy our pool area and hopefully we can have you back very soon to enjoy our finished product which will soon include the spa area being turned in to a large workout room as you mentioned.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The updated lobby and bar area are very nice.

The rooms still need updating but will look very nice when they are done. As someone else said, the towels were fairly worn looking and rough but they soak up water and that is their job afterall.

We slept fairly well but beware, this seems to be a popular place for families going to Disneyland and there was quite a bit of noise starting around 6:30am. We had the pleasure (note sarcasm) of listening to a husband and wife have a discussion outside our door and frankly it sounded like they were standing in our room, weird accoustics I guess. We could also hear showers turning on and off from other rooms and the folks above walking around their room was quite loud. I think next time I will ask for a room on the second floor.

We were really looking forward to using the jacuzzi only to find it was out of service (empty of water actually....).

We bought food from the on-site restaurant (2 salads, an appetizer and 2 beers $42). I suggest if you want a beer or two you stop by a liquor store and get a whole six pack rather then pay the cost of a six-pack for one beer at the hotel.

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful though.

Room Tip: Obvious stuff, get a courtyard view if you can, parking lots and cars are no fun to look at. :D
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
snasa, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate you taking a moment to review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our public areas and that the staff was able to make you feel welcome during your stay.

I am sorry to hear that there was excess noise in the guest room. Feedback such as yours allows us to make improvements necessary for a flawless stay. I assure you this will be something we look in to. I also want to apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to use the spa during your stay. We have plans for repurposing that space and would love to have you back to enjoy that renewed area and our refreshed guest rooms next time you are in town.

Mikaela

Been to Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro? Share your experiences!