1. Room was very comfortable, but nothing special. Everything worked and the hotel was very quiet. We enjoyed our stay and did stay for 4 nights during mid-October. Shower, TV, small desk and even a small patio overlooking the pool were very nice.
2. Whirlpool did not work for 4 days. A sign was posted first two days and we had to tell management it was not working. Whirlpool is indoors and was hot, but could not be turned on. This was very disappointing since I am recovering from severe strained leg muscles.
3. Never saw anyone use the outdoor pool. We tried, but it was ice cold and not heated. The ocean is only 5 miles away and was warmer than the hotel pool which was unswimmable.
4. Maid service was dodgy. We were still in the room until 8:30 AM one morning and the maid came to the door. We stated we were leaving in 2 minutes. When we returned back to the room around 5PM, the room had never been cleaned and we needed to change and head out. The maid was just getting to the room. What happened here. We had to change in the public restroom downstairs.
5. Courtyard is the only Marriott chain we have seen that only has lobby coffee and morning's until 9AM and not all day and night. All other times, you have to either make your own in your room (Yuck!) or purchase it from the restaurant. Not a good policy compared to other Marriott chains. Courtyard never had complimentary food, but now has a bistro type restaurant that really doesn't cut it with us. I like to eat, and the new Courtyard has done away with the buffet and gone to breakfast sandwiches and very light fare which also doesn't cut it with us.
6. The area is very nice with IKEA 1 mile away, and tons of restaurants, a Whole Foods, movies, Orange County Irvine convention center and tons of shopping and don't forget Newport Beach which is just a few minutes down the road and worthy of a visit anytime of the year with its niche restaurants and beautiful ocean views.
7. We asked for a microwave and never received one even though the desk told us they could send one to our room. Also, was asked for extra towels, since the small excercise room rarely had towels, we never received them.
Overall average and didn't meet my needs. I would select another hotel in the area, but the management appeared somewhat attentive but did not deliver for many circumstaces.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro Hotel Santa Ana
- Courtyard Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Courtyard
- Santa Ana Marriott
- Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro Santa Ana, Orange County, CA