“Nice service but aged” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 25 hotels in Santa Ana
Pleasanton, California
“Nice service but aged”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Love this hotel service -so far most friendly staff ever
When we checked in (later than mid night) person in front dest was very welcome us and trying to get better location for us -not near elevator but closed to enterance since we have kids in late time
We request roll away bed (we always request when we make regervation ) and this is first hotel that bed show up before us(always ignore our request)
Every staff we met was friendly even people in cafe
Had wonderful new lobby but room was pretty dated -after lobby,welcome to 1980s
Had comfortable stay just wish room was up date bit
Closed to Disneyland -about 6 local mile not in best neighbor, freeway was in distance (any freeway) industrial area
We will maybe stay here again if price is right

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
snasa, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! It's fantastic to hear that you found our staff accommodating and friendly. It's very important to us that each guest feels welcome and appreciated. If you come back to visit the area or Disneyland again we would be so happy to have you stay in one of our newly renovated rooms :)

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived at SNA airport (the one with the three names: Orange County, John Wayne, Santa Ana) and found this one to be an economical Marriott family choice. The hotel offers no complimentary airport transportation, however Supershuttle ($18+tip, book online with coupon UYR59 to get 15$+tip) got me there after I supplied the exact street address. (Neither their drivers nor their website seems to know this location). The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, reception was friendly and efficient, in typical Courtyard fashion, breakfast is available for purchase in the restaurant area next to the lobby. Room was spacious, clean, very nice work desk (like the extendable second table), OK work chair (those really should be upgraded to netted kind at some point). Room had sliding doors with screen that could be opened to let fresh air in. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Triple AAA rate was the best available
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review and are so happy to hear that the hotel fit your travel needs. Your feedback on SuperShuttle not having our hotel information was very helpful. We have reached out to them and been added to their website. We are currently in the process of a room renovation that will provide us brand new desk chairs, and we would be thrilled to have you back this year to enjoy the new space.

new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

A beautiful lobby great little restaurant with really good food.Stayed here 14 days. The front desk staff were so helpful with directions etc.Very cloce to Huntington Beach where I worked and also only a few miles from the South Coast mall. The rooms need a face lift very clean but carpet and furniture seemed old, They said in the fall they are going renovate all the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review! It is so nice to hear that our front desk staff was able to assist you, and that the location was convenient for work and a little fun. We are in the middle of renovating our rooms and would love to have you back to see the finished product!

Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Well managed, well maintained, clean and comfortable. I even enjoyed an exceptionally nice whirlpool. The maid service was prompt and thorough. The location is a bit odd. Not close to much at al, but that helps keep things quiet. Closest highway is I-405 so consider that if you use this place for business. This would actually be a good location for a family trip to Disneyland (less than 10 miles). I got a really good price on this stay, so my review also reflects my feelings about the deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with and that found our service to meet your needs. We would love to have you back very soon, hopefully this time to visit Disneyland instead of work :)

Donia

Chino Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here with a group last summer and had a great stay. The staff was nice and very helpful. Hotel is conviently located near several attractions.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Courtyard! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and if there is anyhting we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I hope you stay with us again this year.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

First, one of my huge pet peeves is that even though I indicate at the time of booking I prefer a QUIET Room, NOT near an elevator, no one EVER looks at that at the front desk and puts me in a room near the elevator, and I have to go back to reception and change rooms. I stay at hotels about 50 nights a year.
This is the FIRST HOTEL that ever paid heed. When I arrived Amanda at the front desk looked into my eyes, smiled, and said, "I see you want a quiet room NOT near the elevator and we have one for you". WOW. Seriously, how many times do you check in and the person barely grunts at you? Props to Amanda!!
We were given a quiet room. Hooray!
All the staff we encountered were very present, not just drones. I think they really might like their jobs and want to keep them, as opposed to 90 % of the hotel staff I encounter in hotels of this ranking.
The room was fine, clean, nice plasma tv, clean and functioning bathroom. We didn't need more as it was just a quick overnight. Convenient to John Wayne airport and orange county. We were visitng Chapman the next day.
I would stay there again if I were in the area.
We paid about $136 and it seemed like a good value.(There is a Starbucks in the lobby area).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Elizatbeth,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and most of all that Amanda was able to accomodate your quiet room request. It is feedback like yours that allows us to have the right team in place that can best meet your needs.

I hope you visit us again very soon,

Sincerely
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a well run, clean and pleasant Courtyard. The rooms are nicely decorated, comfortable and spacious. The lobby is the usual Courtyard set-up with a bistro, little lounge and business computers. There is free wireless in all rooms. The bistro gets very busy in the morning and there always seems to be a backup. This seems to be a trend at all the Courtyards I have stayed at. It is very puzzling to me why they do not add staff in the morning when business travelers are all in a rush to get going. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Courtyard! I have reviewed our Bistro staffing model and thanks to your feedback we have added an additional staff member. I hope you are able to visit us again in the near future so that we can better serve you.

Donia
Budget, Pool, F...
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana
Restaurant, Mid...
Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North

Been to Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro? Share your experiences!