“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 25 hotels in Santa Ana
new jersey
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

A beautiful lobby great little restaurant with really good food.Stayed here 14 days. The front desk staff were so helpful with directions etc.Very cloce to Huntington Beach where I worked and also only a few miles from the South Coast mall. The rooms need a face lift very clean but carpet and furniture seemed old, They said in the fall they are going renovate all the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
snasa, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review! It is so nice to hear that our front desk staff was able to assist you, and that the location was convenient for work and a little fun. We are in the middle of renovating our rooms and would love to have you back to see the finished product!

Mikaela

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Well managed, well maintained, clean and comfortable. I even enjoyed an exceptionally nice whirlpool. The maid service was prompt and thorough. The location is a bit odd. Not close to much at al, but that helps keep things quiet. Closest highway is I-405 so consider that if you use this place for business. This would actually be a good location for a family trip to Disneyland (less than 10 miles). I got a really good price on this stay, so my review also reflects my feelings about the deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with and that found our service to meet your needs. We would love to have you back very soon, hopefully this time to visit Disneyland instead of work :)

Donia

Chino Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here with a group last summer and had a great stay. The staff was nice and very helpful. Hotel is conviently located near several attractions.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Courtyard! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and if there is anyhting we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I hope you stay with us again this year.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

First, one of my huge pet peeves is that even though I indicate at the time of booking I prefer a QUIET Room, NOT near an elevator, no one EVER looks at that at the front desk and puts me in a room near the elevator, and I have to go back to reception and change rooms. I stay at hotels about 50 nights a year.
This is the FIRST HOTEL that ever paid heed. When I arrived Amanda at the front desk looked into my eyes, smiled, and said, "I see you want a quiet room NOT near the elevator and we have one for you". WOW. Seriously, how many times do you check in and the person barely grunts at you? Props to Amanda!!
We were given a quiet room. Hooray!
All the staff we encountered were very present, not just drones. I think they really might like their jobs and want to keep them, as opposed to 90 % of the hotel staff I encounter in hotels of this ranking.
The room was fine, clean, nice plasma tv, clean and functioning bathroom. We didn't need more as it was just a quick overnight. Convenient to John Wayne airport and orange county. We were visitng Chapman the next day.
I would stay there again if I were in the area.
We paid about $136 and it seemed like a good value.(There is a Starbucks in the lobby area).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Elizatbeth,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and most of all that Amanda was able to accomodate your quiet room request. It is feedback like yours that allows us to have the right team in place that can best meet your needs.

I hope you visit us again very soon,

Sincerely
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a well run, clean and pleasant Courtyard. The rooms are nicely decorated, comfortable and spacious. The lobby is the usual Courtyard set-up with a bistro, little lounge and business computers. There is free wireless in all rooms. The bistro gets very busy in the morning and there always seems to be a backup. This seems to be a trend at all the Courtyards I have stayed at. It is very puzzling to me why they do not add staff in the morning when business travelers are all in a rush to get going. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Courtyard! I have reviewed our Bistro staffing model and thanks to your feedback we have added an additional staff member. I hope you are able to visit us again in the near future so that we can better serve you.

Donia
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

While on a trip to Miami a few weeks back, I stumbled upon a cool set up to charge my phone. Little did I know it was a promotional spot to promote the redesigned courtyard. I liked the layout so much I booked my next trip at a courtyard and was happy I did. The costa Mesa location is in an ok spot but has great rooms and services. I get like I was in a much higher scale hotel

• Stayed May 2012
snasa, General Manager at Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so excited you enjoyed the new lobby design! Our guest rooms will also be renovated by the end January 2013, I hope you come back for a visit.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed 5 nights on business and overall thought that it was a comfortable hotel for a good value. Hotel backs to an industrial area, but I found that made for a quiet setting in the evening. Only a few blocks from 405 so it was in a convenient location for getting around Orange County area at a price less than the hotels around the John Wayne airport. Ate breakfast in the cafe one morning which was a little pricey, but food was good. Also ate at a bagel shop and an IHOP for around the same price. Pool area was clean, as well at the hot tub area (had plenty of clean towels). My room was on the second floor overlooking the pool courtyard. I a couple of nights were I could hear the couple staying in the room next door and heavy walking in the room above me, but only a few disruptions for an overall good stay in a clean hotel with clean property, and what seemed to be a safe neighborhood. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool courtyard instead of the busy road in front of the property or i...