This is a nice hotel close to John Wayne airport and not that far from the beach. It took about 5 minutes to drive from the airport to the HI, and about 10 minutes from the HI to the ocean. There is not much around the hotel, so you will have to drive a short distance.
The room is a typical king: Bed, HDTV (even though most of the channels are not HD); fridge, microwave, desk, couch, bathroom. Water pressure was good and plenty of hot water. One negative was that the walls are pretty thin. I could hear the TV in the next room very clearly. The wireless was sometime weak and at maximum I only had four out of five bars. Everything was clean, including the outside areas.
Breakfast was also typical: eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, pastries/breads, and each morning there was a rotating ‘main item’ such as pancakes, waffles, French toast.
Staff was friendly. My only complaint is that at the (small) bar, the bartender often wandered away.
At check-in, ask for a list of restaurants. There are several within a quick drive, especially at ‘The District’.
Overall, it was a good hotel. I would stay here again when visiting the area.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport Hotel Santa Ana
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport Santa Ana! Minutes away from Orange County s John Wayne Airport, local businesses, world class shopping and a variety of dining choices. Centrally located with the beach to our south and Disneyland 12 miles north. Easy access to the 55, 405 and 5 freeways. Or leave the driving to us! Free scheduled shuttle service within 3 miles and once daily to Disneyland! Call us when you get into John Wayne Airport and we will happily pick you up.Whether you are coming to Orange County for business or just to have fun your room at the Holiday Inn OCA is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as complimentary Wireless Internet, ample work space, fridge, microwave and all new pillow top mattresses and linens mean every night is a great night and every day starts right.Work out in our cardio-fitness center or soak up some California sun at our outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. Then relax with a cool one at our Panini Lounge. And when it s time to dine you can enjoy our Panini Restaurant serving Italian specialties along with steaks and seafood. For your convenience we also offer in room dining for breakfast and dinner daily. Add our event space and outstanding service and you will see that the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport is the place to be. Your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.