“Close and inexpensive to Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Santa Ana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Close and inexpensive to Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel was really nice and very comfortable to sleep at. The hotel picked us up from the airport by shuttle (parents be sure to ask for them to bring a carseat if you didn't bring yours), and took us to the hotel to check in and immediately took us to Disneyland. They asked what time we'd like to be picked up, and was able to pick us up fromt he front of the park. The hotel was very clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on at a hotel; very fluffy. I would stay at this hotel again, if I need to be in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you travel_expert_84 for your fantastic review!

We are so pleased that you had a wonderful experience with us and we were able to make your trip to Disneyland a memorable one. We are also happy that you got to utilize our complimentary airport and Disneyland shuttle.

We anticipate welcoming you back the next time you are back in Orange County!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Northern Cal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The room was HUGE!!! The housekeeping was good also. Always give plenty of toiletries. However, when I arrived, I knew I booked my room through the Holiday Inn website, but the receptionist insisted that I booked it through tripadvisor and wouldn't let me have breakfast. Since I am a Priority Member I know I will get free breakfast, but unfortunately they did not give me breakfast and told me because I booked through Tripadvisor, so not qualify for complimentary breakfast. The other time at the reception, it was ok. For the money, I think it is quite a deal. Parking is free. Close to shopping center "The District" near Barranca/Jamboree. The hotel was fully booked. A group of young kids was on my floor and late at night, I can hear them talking. The walls are thin at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear happyglobaltraveler,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a thorough review about the Holiday Inn - Orange County Airport. We are so glad to hear that you had a good time and that we could surprise you in such a positive way!

We do apologize for the confusion with the breakfast for Priority Club members. Breakfast is not complimentary, but is available to our Platinum Priority Club Members complimentary as part of their local benefits for being loyal guests.

We have had quite a few teams stay with us recently and we sincerely apologize for the noise concern. Young kids can be quite loud, but a courtesy call to the front desk at any hour of the day, and we would gladly get in touch with the correct room to remedy that concern for you!

We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible and we hope that the next time you visit sunny Orange County that we can accommodate your hospitality needs and make this stay even better!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The ladies at the front desk were horrible. Downright rude most of the time. A plus is its located right next to the interstate, but you can definitely hear that at night. Worst hotel I have been to in terms of service.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience with the Holiday Inn - Orange County Airport. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you and for the service you experienced with us. We understand how frustrating this can be and hope that next time you are in town, we can be given the opportunity to change your mind and show you why we have the best service scores in our area.
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I travel weekly to Orange County on business, and am a Priority Club Platinum member. I have stayed at this hotel quite often. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean and fairly well maintained.

They have a nice free breakfast for Priority Club members, and a nice restaurant and bar setting. The bartenders are awesome!

There is a swimming pool and hot tub that are well maintained.

My only issue with this hotel is the noise. The hotel is right next to a very busy freeway (CA 55). Freeway noise doesn't bother me much, but others may be sensitive to it. If so, ask for a room facing the back of the hotel.

If you have the misfortune of getting a room on the 1st or 2nd floors, beware that the ceilings are very thin. One night, the gentleman in the room above me walked around on his heels (with his shoes on!) until around midnight. Then, he woke up at 4:30 am and proceeded to do it again!!! Yes, I tried white noise (from my cell phone app and the A/C) and earplugs. Neither were sufficient to drown out the incessant boom-boom noise from above. Needless to say, I was useless that day at my business meetings. This problem has occurred on several of my stays.

I wish that as part of the remodel, they had upgraded the floors and made them thicker. I just don't see this problem at some other hotels.

Because of the noise issue at this hotel, I find myself staying at other Priority Club hotels in the area from time to time, and getting a decent night's sleep on the top floor.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on the top floor, facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear rwmiller56,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum member and writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel well maintained and clean. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the noise that you have experienced during your stay. I understand the discomfort this has caused you. I am happy to let you know that our Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, CA hotel has gone through renovations last June 8 to June 15, 2012. And I hope on your next visit you will give a chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. Thank you for staying with us.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

This hotel is well run, the employees are trained to do what they can to make your stay easy. With Priority Club status, you get a drink ticket each day for the bar, free breakfast coupon (great homemade salsa for the eggs), and a discount for restaurant. They have recently remodeled many of the rooms with new carpet adn new beds, as well as some new furniture.

Conveniently located to Orange County airport (5 minutes) and easy access to the 55, 5, 405, and 57 freeways. Ask for a room on the back side, away from the freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway, on the back side of the halls.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Our service is our #1 priority for our guests and we are so excited that you recognized that in our staff here. We certainly strive to make everyone's stay as comfortable and welcoming as possible!
It's also fantastic that you take advantage of our loyalty program: Priority Club and all the local benefits we provide. We thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope you visit us again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of days with the family. Shuttle service to the airport as well as near by mall. It also does a shuttle to Disney but was told they go at 9 am and pick up at 9the pm which is great if you have no plans to leave the park. Free parking and may be smart to rent a car due to food places not all within walking distance. Overall hotel was good and staff was helpful.

• Stayed May 2012
We are so thrilled to have been able to have you consider us on your family trip out here. If you visited Disneyland, we hope you had an incredible time!

You are correct, our shuttle does run twice a day to Disneyland at 9am and 9pm. That is specifically to miss traffic times. Otherwise our poor guests would be sitting in the shuttle in the parking lots that are our freeways, sorely missing out on a great time at Disneyland or relaxing by the pool here. Our free shuttle also runs within a 3-mile radius to many close shopping centers with an abundance of food choices and restaurants.

We hope to see you back in sunny Orange County soon!
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

A nice Holiday Inn, on my visit it was clean and seems to be well-managed. The hotel grounds are
beautifully landscaped. Chambermaid service is excellent. The bathroom in my room was quite
small, two persons trying to use it together probably wouldn’t work. The rest of the room was
quite spacious, certainly more space than is needed for a business traveler.

The rate is a little high, though not as high as the Embassy Suites around the corner. My rate
as of 19-APR-2012 was 140.00 + other charges.

Pros:

Ten miles from Disneyland, airport shuttle available. Fitness center available. 24 hour business
center. Pool. Jacuzzi.Runners and walkers who prefer not to use the hotel fitness center have a
.75 mile circuit around Hotel Terrace Drive, all sidewalk. The hotel is nicely
landscaped. Inside doors.

Cons:

Restaurant is not that great, but that does not matter since there are excellent restaurants
very close in Irvine. Climate control unit is located in the room as opposed to outside of the
room. There is no little shop so guests, can, well, shop.

Room Tip: The sidewalk circuit around Hotel Terrace Road is .75 miles. Ask for a room 160 or greater on the gr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
A huge thank you for taking the time to review and recommend our hotel to business travelers! We have many loyal business guest and enjoy seeing their smiling faces every week. We appreciate your critique of our property and letting us know where our opportunity for improvement lies. We will be completing a small gift shop by the end of this summer for our guest's enjoyment! We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in beautiful Orange County.

Been to Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!