“Perfectly fine, i think” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfectly fine, i think”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

The room was very clean, but there was a smell coming from somewhere, but I couldn't identify from where. It wasn't overly strong, really only noticible when you entered the room. The bathroom was very clean, new all around. Very friendly staff all over. Some rooms are very far from the lobby, long hallways, so try to avoid that. If there's a busy convention going on in the hotel, there isn't enough parking. Restaurant food was very good and large portions. Overall a good place to stay, comfortable bedding, good cable t.v.. I just wish I could have identified the minor smell.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. Thank you and we hope that the next time you are in town that we can have the opportunity to accommodate you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I was only at the hotel a few hours, I checked in late and left the next morning to catch an early flight. The staff was friendly and polite. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. As a priority club member I was given a coupons for free breakfast, a free drink, as well as a discount for dinner. If I have business in the area again I'll be staying here for sure.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInnSantaAna, Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay here at Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. Thank you and we hope to see you back here soon!
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Although a previous stay at this hotel was acceptable, my most recent stay was a bummer. Got a couple of letters notifying that they would be testing fire alarms at 10:00. Unfortunately, what the letters failed to warn is that the testing would continue until 15:30. I returned to the hotel at 12 to find that my room hadn't been cleaned and despite asking for it to be cleaned, it wasn't. Actually the room was never cleaned that day.

The clincher was waking up the next morning to a cold shower just before leaving for a 24 hour trip to Europe. Although one of the front desk staff was helpful in trying the water in two other rooms, alas, no hot water was to be found in the hotel, and of course there was no attempt at an emergency call to maintenance. Traveling in the third world, one expects a cold shower once in a while, but definitely not at a holiday inn in California during winter! To top it off, wrote a complain letter to the manager and over a week later, she hasn't bothered to reply.

Oh, I should probably mention that the fitness room was also unavailable that day...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Desert Hot Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I booked this hotel for the night of January 15th, 2010 and it was definitely a good choice. My friend and I had planned to wake up early the next morning to go to the Orange County Swap Meet and this hotel is about 2-3 exits away. We were there before we even realized it!

The beds were comfy, not as comfy as beds I would be accustomed since I prefer my beds super soft, but my friend thought his bed was the best he had ever slept in. The hotel doesn't have many frills, though there is a restaurant and I believe room service available. There is a pool but since it is January, we didn't even go to check it out. Free internet is available also and that is always a plus in my book.

The hotel desk people were friendly when we checked in and I do have to say a concern of mine would've been the fact that there were many kids staying on our floor but we didn't even hear them once we closed the door to the hallway.

This is a great hotel if you need to get to the Orange County Swap Meet quickly and the beaches are a few minutes away driving-wise. We were able to visit Newport Beach and Huntington Beach in no time from this hotel.

I would say stay at this hotel if you were like a good central point in Orange Country to stay at although I would just make sure you do have a vehicle to get where you need to go.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
HolidayInnSantaAna, Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time be sure to try our Panini Restaurant and Lounge. Also, our pool and spa are open all year long and are heated to a very comforatable temperature. Hope to see you again! Don't forget the Orange County Fair next summer. We even have a daily shuttle for the fair.
Airdrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed at the HI OC Airport for 4 nights (I actually haven't even checked out yet). My first initial thoughts while approaching the hotel were that it look very clean and well kept from the outside. The front desk agent upon check-in was helpful and polite. However all positive thoughts went downhill from that point on. As you walked further into the hotel it smelt like feces, our room had tiny black curly hairs in the tub, around the tub and on the bed, the toilet was off balance because it looks as if it was built in the wrong spot and it was well beyond arms length to reach the nearest TP holder (I know that last one is a little petty). I didn't notice the tub hairs until that morning and when I alerted the Front Desk and they looked at me with more disgust than I did at them and said Hskping would be up right away. When we returned later that day all they clearly did was wipe off the hairs in the tub also proving they don't vacuum the washroom floors because those hairs were still there. We received Hskping service 2 out of 4 days...poor quality. The room was tiny even for only 2 of us. On our last day we went to the restaurant at 9:40am... they stop serving breakfast at 9am Mon-Fri. Obviously they do not appreciate their leisure travelling guests as those on vacation will sometimes rise a little later than the corporate guests. As I am a Holiday Inn employee elsewhere, I am embarassed this hotel represents the Holiday Inn name. My overall dissatisfaction with this hotel is beyond imaginable

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I've really had great luck with Holiday Inn Express. Every one I've stayed at, except the San Diego location, has been over and above what I've expected. The rooms are new and very clean. Customer service is very professional and the whole feel of each location is top notch for the price. My first choice will be Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express from now on.

• Stayed September 2010
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

The 9.95 breakfast buffet----not so good, no oatmeal but lots of white rice and believe it or not, orange juice is not included in the price. I have never heard of such a thing on a breakfast buffet. Rooms excellent, very attentive front desk.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!