“Survivable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Santa Ana
Dallas, Texas
“Survivable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2005

I was forced to stay here when most of the first-choice hotels were booked. It's survivable but certainly not enjoyable. It's not near anything and not in a very attractive part of town.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Antelope, CA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2005

First off I will say, we loved the room, and the food. As for the cook to order, I found two menus to pick from - Scrambled eggs, meat, and potatoes - OR - Scrambled eggs, meat, and toast. People going in expecting to order what they wanted, were shocked to see that is all they got to pick from. As for us, on the first day we had 3 menus to pick from. On the next 3 days we had only two. When I heard people ask why there wasn't more they could order from, I heard that with the staff they have, it all depends on how many people are staying at the hotel the last night. The less people there, do get the menus with the pancakes. But with a full hotel, the menu is a lot smaller. Cook to order just means that they cook your scrambled eggs to order, instead of having them out in a huge pan already cooked. Which if you have ever had those eggs somewhere else, you know why the cook to order is great. For the rate of the room, with 4 people, it couldn't be beat. As for how much you get, the bacon day had one piece of bacon, cut in half, to make it look like 2 pieces. On the Sausage day, two sausages. On the ham day, a thin piece of ham about two inches by three inches. If you just ate what they cook for you, you can stilll be hungry. But with all the muffins, fruit, and cereal, I never left hungry. If I wanted a breakfast I could ask for what I really wanted, I would had to pay over $200 a night. For this price, I could easy live with just a couple menus to pick from. We will stay there in the future, if we ever head to Orange County again.

• Stayed February 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

Hotel is clean and easy to find. Front desk is small and was busy when I arrived. Room is good sized, clean, and features microwave and fridge. TV channel choice is large but reception was not great. Wireless Internet access is included. Fitness area is small (size of regular room) but decent.

Regarding the previous breakfast comment, it is clearly posted that breakfast is 6:00am to 9:30am, so arriving right at 9:30am or later you should expect little to nothing. I ate at 7:30am and though it wasn't an exceptional breakfast (the comment about scrambled eggs only was correct) it was hot and the price was right.

Not the fanciest place I've ever stayed at but overall I was impressed. Call with any price you find online and they'll beat it - they did for me.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2004

I had an outstanding stay at the Best Western. For the rate that we paid I couldn't have asked for anything more. The staff was very courteous, and when we requested something it was as if they were waiting with our request outside. We enjoyed using the fitness center which is located right on the property. The guest rooms were immaculate. As far as my family and myself were concerned we couldn't have asked for a better property. We also enjoyed having a full breakfast each morning. It began as early as 6am and was extended till 9:30am. They had a variety of choices to choose from, starting with fruits, muffins, croissants, and danishes. 4 different types of juice, 2 types of milk, coffee, and tea. They also provided eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, and belgium waffles on a daily basis. For the wonderfully moderate rate we paid we experienced a more than moderate property. Any time we travel to orange county we will look to stay with this property.

Frisco, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2004

The rooms and rate are OK. Although Orbitz charged me 79 for a Saturday night I saw their rate was $59.They say they offer free hot and 'made to order' breakfast. First of all it is not really made to order. Option #1 was scramble eggs with ham and toas and Option #2 was scrambled eggs with ham and hash browns. So I had to forget my beloved 'sunny side up's. The eggs and hash browns were OK. The toast was a small white single loaf splitted in half and the ham was a two-by-two inch slice. Besides the hot stuff they say they have fruits, pastries, juice and cereal. In what I believe was the pastries containers, there were leftovers of splitted muffins. The fruits were probably already gone at the time we went (9:30am), since all I saw were few slices of apple and water mellon. At least we could eat something. I saw a couple getting there at 9:45 when the employees had already picked up everything so they had to leave with their stomachs empty. I told my wife that next time we could probably do better by booking a 50 dollar room and in the morning going to a nearby Dennys or IHOP.

• Stayed May 2004

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Orange County Airport North? Share your experiences!