“Nice weekend stay, excellent value.” 4 of 5 stars

Business Package
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Northridge Ca
“Nice weekend stay, excellent value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here Saturday night, last minute booking on Hotwire. Wanted to enjoy the 80 degrees in Newport Beach and Laguna. Nice, well appointed room. Nice view of small lake. Rate is half of other hotels in area. Drawback:, $11.00 parking, a minor nuisance, as room was under $60.00 for a weekend. Great value, friendly front desk and valet service. Would recommend if you don't mind driving a few miles to beach, South Coast Plaza.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a lakeview. Walk to the Starbucks for coffee.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am not sure why I have not previously reviewed this property. I stay here often and always have a great stay. I probably take them for granted......like some comfortable piece of clothing...shoes come to mind. Reliable, great fit, comfortable, great relationship, recognize my presence, never let me down, accomodating to whatever unexpected stress I expose them too....you get the picture I hope.

The breakfast service in the restaurant is also spectacular. If you don't see what you want....just ask. They are wonderfully accomodating. Given health issues I am always conscious of the food intake.

This is in my opininion an awesome property. I stay on business. if noise averse ask for a lakeside room. Away from 55/405 guaranteeing a supremely quiet evening. Meanwhile if unavailable, not a big deal depending on your noise threshold particularly early morning,

The front desk customer focus is superb. Marissa defines great customer service, the property is to be complimented for having her in the supervisory position she occupies. The rest of the staff is terrific as well.....Luis exemplifies the customer focus while all are understanding and focused on the customer experience.

My only critique would be that the service at the bar in the evening could be more cognizant of the frequent customer experience.

This property is a great value property and I have not even commented on the proximity to South County Plaza Mall, the best mall in the USA. Stay if you are in the Costa Mesa/Santa Ana/Orange County area, you won't be disappointed. t. I feel like I am giving up a secret. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hanover Park, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed a three days at this hotel. The service was great at every area. We did not realize that a complimentary breakfast buffet and cocktail hour were included, The parking is at reasonable rate. Shuttle service is very good and front desk staff are fantastic and friendly. Wish you all the best.

Room Tip: All room are good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were in the city for a wedding and right from check-in to check out the experience was great. The rooms were spacious, clean and it is off 55 and easy to get to 5 and 405. The breakfast buffet was great, the cookies upon check-in were good. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Will stay there again.
Thank you once again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Somewhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had I paid full price to stay at this "3.5-star" hotel, I would have been angry. I thought the location was great, considering that it's at the edge of Santa Ana bordering Irvine. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the pond outside was a nice touch. However, that's about as far as the positives with this hotel.

This hotel is located right next to the freeway and if you're one of those unlucky ones, such as myself, who was stuck with a room facing the freeway, you won't get much sleep. It doesn't help that they play music 24/7 at this hotel, which can be heard through the paper-thin walls all night long. I was extremely disappointed in the fact that I had asked for a microwave and my request was simply ignored. Yes, the rooms don't come with a microwave but you can ask for one, if they'll grant you your wish. Also, the refrigerator in my room was so old that the door wouldn't close all the way. Really? This is a "3.5-star" hotel?

What irritated me the most about this hotel was the fact that they charge their guests for EVERYTHING! Why does internet cost money? Seriously, I can name a million other hotels that don't charge their guests for internet usage. I also didn't like the fact that they charged for breakfast, especially for how expensive the room was, and for parking! Parking is $11/day and they're not even located near a famous landmark or some desirable walkable location.

But hey, at least they'll give you a cookie for staying at their hotel. <sarcasm>

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DTCLUBORANGECO, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We sincerely regret that you did not experience the most comfortable stay. We understand how important a good night's rest is while traveling and are sorry your sleep was interrupted. We do provide earplugs for any guests experiencing noise issues and welcome any guest to request them as needed. The issues you experienced with the amenities in your room will be shared with the appropriate team members to ensure we are improving and providing the best guest experience possible. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying at our hotel again.

Thank you!
Alamo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed a week at this hotel. The service was great at every turn. We did not realize that a complimentary breakfast buffet and cocktail hour were included. On demand shuttle was convenient for my wife to do some shopping at South Coast Plaza while I had the car. The room was nicely updated. Slightly bigger than normal with room for a sofa and desk. One drawback was the old style HVAC unit. No thermostat so you just set it to desired level an it stays on all night. A bit noisy. The only other downside is the recent trend of suburban hotels charging for parking. $11 per night.

I would certainly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The stay was excellent, however don't try the breakfast buffet unless you like powdered eggs. The bacon and sausage were barely cooked. The home fries were tasteless (try adding onions, bellpeppers and a little spice. Coffee was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DTCLUBORANGECO, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest!

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! Your feed back is very important to us and I appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast. We do our very best to provide quality items for our breakfast buffet and cook everything from natural ingredients. I will definitely address this with the Food & Beverage Director to ensure this gets looked into. If you have any other concerns feel free to contact me directly at david.arriola2@hilton.com.

Thank you again and I hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

Best Regards,

David J. Arriola
Director of Operations & Revenue Management
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Phone: (714) 540-4947

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!