“Wonderful hotel with a great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
West Jordan
“Wonderful hotel with a great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We chose this hotel as an alternative to staying at a hotel near Disneyland. The hotel is wonderful. The rates were very reasonable, the breakfast was excellent and we enjoyed having the extra hide-a-bed couch. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Quality Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that all of our amenities met your needs. Once again, thank you for taking time to comment about your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

So many things to love about this hotel. Check in was fast and easy. Receptionist even took time to explain what I was signing and initialing. She explained about the charges for the safe deposit box in the room and when I told her that I will not be using it, she said that she will not charge me for it. Hotel lobby and grounds were beautifully designed and landscaped - has a Spanish Villa theme. Our suite, which was spacious, consists of a large sitting room with a sofa bed and TV, fridge and microwave and the separate bedroom has two double beds with another TV. Simple and basic and very clean. Everyday, housekeeping will leave two bottles of water in our suite. A nice touch indeed!

Cooked to order breakfast basically means you have a choice of ordering from a selection of eggs, bacon, hash brown, muffins and pancake and the lady behind the counter will cooked it for you. Almost the same kind of choices you will get at other hotels but I would not be very happy to have to queue for the cooked breakfast during peak tourist season. At check in, you will be given a breakfast voucher per person for each day of your stay. Coffee, tea, milk, juices, cereal, fruits and yogurt are also provided. Plenty of tables in the breakfast room or you could eat outside on the patio next to the pool.

Hotel is next to the freeway and close to airport but I could hardly hear any traffic noise.

Although I think that this hotel is great value for money, here are some reasons why I did not give it a five star rating: breakfast fruits and yogurt are not replenished even though it is only nine o'clock and breakfast is until nine thirty, free wifi is spotty and slow and on day two of our stay the password was changed without the hotel notifying us AND thing I disliked the most was the very very loud and annoying noise coming from the water pipes in the adjacent rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Quality Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced. With your comments about your stay, we can correct or modify our policies to create a more pleasant stay for all of our guests. Once again, thank you for taking time to write a review and we hope to see you soon.
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while attending performances of the Los Angeles Opera. Although the drive to LA took almost an hour in the afternoon, I felt that the accommodations were worth the journey, since I had a very early flight out from John Wayne airport.
The small suite was very comfortable, with a sleep sofa and large flat-screen TV in the front room, and a very comfortable Queen bed in the bedroom, along with another big TV. There was also a small refrigerator and microwave in the front room, plus a large sink/dressing area in the rear.
I was most impressed with the breakfast; in addition to the usual offerings found nowadays at many motels, there was also a separate serving line in which two young ladies cooked up fresh eggs, sausages, bacon, and pancakes.
I thought that this motel was a very good value and will return there if I fly into John Wayne (Orange Country) again.

Room Tip: I requested a top (3rd) floor room and was not disturbed by any outside noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Quality Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to comment about your stay. We are delight to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A really good value. I paid including tax under $90 per night. The hotel has very easy freeway access - just across the street. Each room has actually two rooms - a living room with a sofa bed, TV, refrigerator, coffee maker with free coffee, a desk and free Wi fi and a second room which had a king sized bed and a TV. The cooked to order breakfast was good plus many other choices. The swimming pool did have kids but a great hotel for traveling with kids. There is a little restaurant called Spoons that is a very short walk away. Similar to a sports bar.
I was traveling alone on business and was completely satisfied.

Room Tip: Away from the pool in the back. Also where I parked.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Quality Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities met your needs. Thank you, again, for taking time to write a review and we hope to see you soon.
Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in late September after the summer rush so parking and long breakfast lines were not a problem as in other reviews. Easy access to freeway. Nice courtyard and pool. Room was pretty dark and dated. Not the cleanest we have stayed in. At check in dirty towel behind door in bathroom and little dirt pile on the floor. But housekeeping was good during stay. West side room had quite a bit of road noise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Quality Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We do apologize for the dirty towel at check in, this should not have happened. We have informed the executive housekeeper about this incident and stressed to her the importance of the cleanliness of the rooms. Once again thank you for staying and we hope to see you soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I have tried at least a dozen hotels in Orange County, looking for the best one to meet my needs. Quality Suites has fit the bill. I can usually get a room for around $80. That gets me a free airport shuttle, a clean and comfortable room, a pretty decent swimming pool, an exceptional cooked to order breakfast, a microwave and fridge. When I am in town for more than a night or two, those last two Come in real handy. I like the free and fast wireless also, and the desk so I can sit and get work done...

Watch your bill though as they charged me even though I was prepaid. They also charge a fee for the in room safe which I find ridiculous. Quality Suites is on a hotel row, so I expect them to stay competitive in all respects....

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Quality Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted to see that you chose the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We know you have many choices in the area to choose from. We do apologize for the safe charges that were posted to your bill. We can gladly remove them during the check out process or after you check out. Once again, thank you for choosing to the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport and we hope to see you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Not really sure if this is a family hotel even though families stay here. Seemed more couples there during our stay whom where annoyed by children especially around the pool. A couple times parents including myself had to correct others that if you came to the pool to sunbath your better going to the beach because our kids are in the pool to swim and play so if you get wet live with it. I think they may have been part of a tour, and times there where tense confrontations with some parents and couples. Not very enjoyable for the kids. The pool is small BEWARE if all the kids are in it they are packed and can't move. This happened 2 nights we where there. Pool towels are also sparse. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't.
Originally there for 5 nights but car trouble added a day. Not happy with the rate for the additional day much higher for a wednesday.
The front desk staff rocked. They all where very helpful and even gave us a map of places to eat in the district.
The rooms are standard, we stayed in suite facing the pool. Furnishings were old and some stained. Fridge barely worked and haven't seen a microwave that old in years. The beds were comfy but doubles the sofa bed was standard. Enough space for my family.
Breakfast is as crowded as they say but it is no different than going someplace ordering then waiting for your meal its just that you have to stand in line and wait. But it is good but just remember to tell them how much of everything you want or you only get one.
Parking can be a nightmare. If you do come back late you will have to be directed to a different hotel to park because I guess free parking means you can take 2 spots or park across 5 an management won't tell you to move.
House keeping cleaned well but was annoyed had 6 people and 4 towels always asked for 2 more but never did get any had to go to front desk every day to get 2 more and seemed like front desk and house keeping don't communicate. By the end of our stay the front desk had the towels ready for us when we walked through the lobby.
Maintenance around the building is sparse also. Every morning even after 11 the garbage cans where full from all the breakfast garbage and never emptied made the place look trashy and birds and other creatures come looking for scraps. There was a broken beer bottle that myself and others reported to the front desk that sat for 2days could always smell the stale beer walking past the stairs. The repairs also going on where displacing.
Overall it is a quiet hotel. After the pool closes people gather around the tables and have adult beverages. I never heard them once. I would bring my family back.

• Stayed August 2012
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Quality Suites John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for commenting about your stay with us during your visit into Orange County. I do apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We are always trying to find ways to improve our hotel to make our guest feel comfortable. Once again, thank you for commenting about your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Quality Suites John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!