“good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
San Jose, California, United States
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

the food is good,very fun to eat there. sometimes a little pricey but it is worth the cost ,the food makes it all worth it.

• Visited June 2013

92% Recommend
Irvine, California
“Very popular local chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very popular local chain restaurant. This is extremely popular with the young Asian crowd. The shrimp is served whole....really good mildly spicy sauce. Luckily my wife (older Asian) peeled the shrimp for me. Was not my favorite shrimp but above average. Expect to wait during peak hours. They have the largest ceiling fan I have ever seen made by Big As* Fans...funny. A lot of people comment that it is a big as* fan including myself. *=s as in mule. Trip advisor considers this profanity?

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We saw this location while in town one weekend. Since we love seafood we decided to give it a try for dinner on a Sunday evening. We arrived just after 1700 and I couldn't believe the number of people waiting to be seated! I was given a pager and told the wait would be about 45 minutes. There was a large waiting area with bench seats ringing the room. My name was called right at the 45 minute mark!

If you are looking for fine dining, this is not for you. If you want some good seafood, at a reasonable price, this is the place. The table is covered with a large piece of paper and there's a napkin dispenser on the table. Someone comes by and leaves little take-out sauce containers with salt and pepper in them. They also stop by with a bucket of sliced lemons and dump some on the table. Once guests leave their table, someone stops by with a large trash can on wheels. They take the napkin holder, fried food baskets, and the payment off the table and then roll everything up in the paper and throw it in the trash. Like being at a shrimp or crab boil back in New Orleans!

They have some fried seafood dishes that are served in plastic baskets, and many varieties of shellfish that you order by the pound. You have your choice of seasonings for the by-the-pound selections: Cajun, lemon pepper, garlic sauce, or the whole sha-bang - all three mixed together. You also let them know how spicy you want it. I ordered a pound of shrimp, with the whole sha-bang seasoning, and I was not disappointed! The shrimp were served in a plastic bag along with all the seasonings. I ordered a piece of corn on the cob and the server asked if I wanted it "in the bag". I said yes, and it was served in the bag with the shrimp, so it too was soaking up the seasonings. The shrimp have their heads on, so if you're not up to taking them off, you might want to order something else. The shrimp were a nice size, and I had 17 in my order. My husband had the shrimp basket, which came with fries. He also had an order of gumbo which was quite large. His meal was also good.

Several wet-naps were left with our bill, so between those and the lemon slices we were able to get our hands clean. Our drinks were refilled without us having to ask. Someone other than our server noticed that our napkin dispenser was empty and he immediately brought us a full one. We felt the prices were quite reasonable - The pound of shrimp was $9.

We'll be sure to dine here again, and get here early!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Its in the sauce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Get a combo of seafood that includes crab and put it all in the whole Shebang sauce..you wont be dissapointed!

Visited February 2013