“Rachel and Janet @ the front desk made my stay comfortable and memorable.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Santa Ana

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Santa Ana to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 North Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705   |
Ranked #12 of 25 hotels in Santa Ana
“Rachel and Janet @ the front desk made my stay comfortable and memorable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the Red Roof Inn made my future choice of hotels very easy, it's the Red Roof Inn from here on out for me. The registration was fast and easy as I am wheelchair bound. Accommodations were roomy and clean and the cleaning staff was always cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear 52Jack,
My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA as your lodging needs. We always strive to provide the best service to our guests.Thank you for saying positive comments about our hotel. I will share your positive comments to my staff, especially to Rachel, Janet and the housekeeping staff.

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Before I start ranting, I will say that this place is very inexpensive and so I didn't really expect too much. However, we requested a non-smoking room and evidently the rooms are non-smoking only when you are not currently smoking in them. The smell made me gag all night long. The carpet, bathroom floor, and both bedspreads were covered in burn holes. There were weird hand-prints all over the bathroom door. We planned on staying for over a week so requested a room change to the "updated" area of the motel. Nothing was available. The staff agreed to move us to another non-smoking area which, while still smelling uncomfortable, was mostly smoke-free. Our bed spreads still had burn holes in them and despite that the entire floor was to be smoke-free, clearly the neighbors were lighting up all night long.
There is a pool area which the kids enjoyed however the hot tub that I would have liked to use was broken about 50% of the time with caution tape all over it.
I suspect some of the other guests are long-time residents and definitely give the place a shady quality.
The last day of our stay we noticed that there was graffiti on the headboard of the bed and we were so excited to leave!
I will say that the staff there is pretty accommodating and very nice. It's not their fault that they work in a dump!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Stephanie B.,
I do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I appreciate your honest comments regarding our hotel and we will use your comments to retrain our housekeeping staff so issues do not occur in the future. We want our valued guests, like you, to be happy with their stay with us and we value your opinion.

Respectfully yours,
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

For the price we couldn't have expected anything else. The room was spacious, clean. Nice location next to the mall and another shopping center. Front desk staff was helpful with everything. The bed was comfortable. Nothing disappointing at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear JCStolz,
Thank you for taking the time out to review my hotel and the pleasant experience you had here at Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. Our primary goal is to make our valued guest, like you, to have a pleasant and happy stay. We appreciate your nice comments.

Respectfully yours,
Sanger, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I are from Sanger, CA and we stayed here on the weekend of LA religious Ed Congress. Our room was spacious, clean and our bed was very comfortable. The area is also very nice and quiet. It is also in a central location and close to everything (shopping, starbucks, restaurants). The Manager, Agnes was very professional and hospitable. She made us feel right at home. The staff was also very friendly and concerned about how our stay was. Another plus for us was that the Anaheim convention center where the congress took place was no more than 7-8 minutes away, which made it a prime location for us. We will definitely be staying here every time we come back to LA congress or are in the Santa Ana area. Thank you Red Roof Inn, Agnes and staff for an awesome hotel experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Vanessa L.,
My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA for your lodging needs. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your positive and encouraging comments to my staff. We always strive to provide the best service to our valued guest, like you. Again, thank you very much and hope to see you again in the near future.
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is the best value in the area. They have the best prices, and the rooms are big, clean, and well kept. The housekeeping staff is friendly and efficient. The maintenance staff responds promptly and is always willing to help. The front desk staff is excellent. They are efficient, professional, polite, and friendly. They have responded promptly to any requests that I have had, and they go out of their way to anticipate my needs when I walk through the door. I am an extended stay customer, and I have had especially good service with Rachel at the front desk. I highly recommend this hotel. - Thanks

Room Tip: All the rooms I have had have been good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Sherri S.,
We sincerely appreciate your wonderful review. We are happy to have been able to make you happy here. I will surely pass along this review to my staff. They'll be happy to hear such kind words about them. We hope to see you soon.
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here on a family vacation and going to Disneyland. As I checked in the property I checked in with Patricia the assistant manager she was great and I felt welcome as soon as she saw us coming in she had a smile on her face and greeted us. I had a really nice room the beds were comfortable and a really clean room extra towels as I requested and great service I will truly recommend Red Roof Inn to my friends and family I will be back next few months again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maria V.,
We are so pleased that you had a wonderful experience with us. And we are able to make your Disneyland vacation a memorable one. I will surely relay your kind words to Patricia. We hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

customers service is excellent. great location.big mall next to it.family restaurant in the same parking lot.front desk very helpfull. patty help out when i checked in and her customers service was awesome and i was very impressed. i would recomend this location to everyone i know

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Mohammad T.
We would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. WE always strive to provide the best service to our guest. I will share yur positive comments to my staff especially to Patty. We look forward to serving you on your next visit.