“no complaints here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Santa Ana
New York City, New York
“no complaints here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

recently stayed at the red roof inn santa ana, was here on vacation, visiting disney, the staff was friendly and helpful, also enjoyed their facilities, especially the hot tub, was very relaxing, the rooms were very clean, will definitly return here . also would like to thank Patty and the rest of the staff for their hospitality.

Room Tip: buildind C is closest to hot tub
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
SASKATCHUWAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We have been staying at the RR usually on weekends for the past 14 months. For over the past 10 years I have traveled the western states plus Co. , Wy. and including 22 counties within these states......What this means is, is that I've spent a life time in different Hotels and Motels. And what I will say that the Santa Ana Ca. location easily takes the cake in terms of overall satisfaction. We will continue to stay and by all means , refer RR to people that can appreciate being pampered and treated very well during their stay.

Warmest regards,
M & C

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Three exceptional staff members are the only good things about this place other than the location:
Veronica - a helpful, professional front desk clerk who manages to get routine requests or problems resolved in spite of the awful manager's constant threats to staffer's jobs if they are TOO FRIENDLY to guests! (I'm not kidding -ALL the guests I talked to have heard the manager chastise staff for being too friendly or helpful!)
Fidel - the property's maintenance manager, who is uniformly cheerful and prompt with assistance.
Lily - a standout housekeeper at a place where getting even the most rudimentary room- cleaning - a simple concept at any other Red Roof Inn location not owned by the same franchisee, seems to be near-impossible or take an inordinate amount of my time to obtain.

I left this motel to move to a more expensive hotel because I was fed up with the unhelpful and - in some cases - dishonest and truly obnoxious staff (who, to be fair, are mostly just reflecting their manager's horrible attitude and nonsensical policies). The manager of this location is literally the least-suited person to work in the hospitality industry that I have ever encountered.

I was consistently and fraudulently overcharged. When I - along with 10 other guests -called the front desk to report a very drunk and loudly threatening man who was obviously trying to break down the door of a room down the hall - the lazy front desk clerk threatened to call the police on ME. In fact, I experienced the same problems listed in every negative review below, and WORSE. I could go on, but I'm directing my full review to the President of the Red Roof Inn Corporation - who I sincerely hope will consider kicking this location out of their reservation service!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

If you are looking for a cheap half way house, this is your place. If not, stay far away. The rooms and hallway smelled disgusting and were not clean enough for us. We were traveling with our daughters team and felt very uncomfortable with the other patrons at the hotel. Seemed like a shady place! The only good thing was the close proximity to a mall and decent restaurants. I will never stay here again - worth it to pay a little more to feel safe and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Tracy,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Santa Ana Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. Guests make reservations and check into the hotel and we do not judge the guests by their appearance. However, if we have any complaints or disturbances we take immediate action to ensure our other guests feel safe. I want you to know that we are taking appropriate measures to address the problem that occured during your stay here to prevent any incident in the future.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Dirty, old, smelly with creapy tenants that use this motel as a half way house. Cleaning staff rummaged through our luggage, tenants doing drugs and loitering.

• Stayed August 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stay away rude girls at front desk...dirty hotel....smells and looks dirty

• Stayed June 2011
Mazatlan, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

we have stayed at the red roof for many years...we keeping enjoy our stay everytime we come as we are treated as a family....we like staying here cuz of its located and the hepless of the staff very friendly.....i would recommed staying here.....rooms are very clean,,,,,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business