Stayed here for two days when a close friend of mine flew in on a business trip. It's a very clean looking property.It appeared to be set up for extended stays in that there is no daily housekeeping service. If you need more towels before the scheduled rotation you have to go to the front desk. It has a gym and laundry facility for guests. nice kitchen area in the room, with a 2 burner stove, microwave, refrigerator with "working" icemaker, dishwasher, pots, pans, plates, utensils, small dining area, etc. Parking was convenient. Both nights was able to park close to the entrance. Shower, water was nice hot, the way I like . Bathroom was very clean and had separate fan and light switches, just a personal perference of mine. The ONLY thing that kept me from giving this property a 4 was the smell we noticed when we walked into the room. At first we thought it was just the staleness from the air coming out of the AC unit so we let the AC run and went out but upon our return that evening, the smell was still there. If I had to choose a source, I'd say organic versus chemical. It wasn't like bleach or anything similar. it was more like an earthy odor or even slightly "meat" like. Even leaving a window cracked didn't completely clear it out.
Just to be fair, the issue with the smell may have certainly been just this room (225) in particular but when you only stay in one room for the first time, its all you have to base your opinion on. If you stay here, check out your room first to make sure it looks AND smells ok. My companion had a rough day before her flight and just wanted to relax so we didn't make a fuss to management.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Orange County/Airport Hotel Santa Ana
- Candlewood Suites Orange County/Airport Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Santa Ana
- Candlewood Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Candlewood
- Santa Ana Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Orange County/Airport Santa Ana, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home™ Bedding Collection. The Candlewood Suites Orange County Airport Hotel is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, range, and dishwasher. Traveling on business? Bring your laptop and work efficiently at your executive desk. Communication is no problem with voicemail, free local calls, free high speed Internet access and two separate phone lines. Borrow your favorite movie or music from the hotel library and enjoy in your room from the comfort of your recliner. Hungry? Visit the Candlewood Cupboard, our on-site convenience store, and charge it to your room. Work off some stress in our 24-hour Fitness Center. Staying a long time? Take advantage of our on-site complimentary laundry facility. We re a pet friendly hotel too (fees apply). Candlewood Suites Orange County Airport (Santa Ana, CA) is an all suites hotel conveniently located two miles from John Wayne/Santa Ana Airport (SNA). We are close to multiple forms of entertainment including Disneyland, Beaches, performing arts, Mighty Ducks Hockey, Anaheim Angels Baseball and world class shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Candlewood Suites Orange County/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.