“New Courtyard that charges for parking!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Ana
Santa Rosa, California
“New Courtyard that charges for parking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at plenty of Marriott properties, including Courtyards, but never had been charged for valet parking (you have no choice - $11.00 per day). Also, I was here on business, and other Courtyards usually include breakfast with the rate I book, but not this one. When I went down to grab a quick muffin, only one person handling all the breakfast traffic - so I opted not to order anything to save time. They need more help in the morning.

That said, the property is brand new, contemporary and immaculate. The walls are rather thin - I could hear the woman next door on the phone. Ask for a room away from Mac Arthur Blvd. While it is not too busy at night, you do hear it during the day. I asked for a quiet room and was assured it was - but it faced Mac Arthur Blvd.

Property was nice, but I won't be back, primarily due to the value compared to other properties in the area and the parking charges.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Mac Arthur Blvd.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your stay wtih us and taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found your stay enjoyable and the hotel to be immaculate.
I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the speed of service that you received during breakfast. While we strive for each guest to have a flawless stay, we appreciate the feedback when we have fallen short.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here to try out different Marriott options within the Irvine/Costa Mesa and this one is a perfect example of how Marriott should be like.

Location: close to freeway, business parks, John Wayne Airport (With drive or shuttle services) and South Coast Plaza.

Facilities: Brand new gym, great pools and friendly staff. Open bar in the lobby area where many people gather and socialize at night.

Rooms: Spacious, brand new rooms with all the latest technology features. Comfortable bed and AC. Excellent shower pressure and the bathroom is spotless.

Overall, an excellent value for those who needs to bank Marriott status. The only thing that I did not like is the parking charges. I believe they should remove the charge since many other hotels nearby do not charge for parking.

Room Tip: Away from the street for quiet room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the rest of the staff.
We hope to see you again in the very near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here due to its proximity to John Wayne Airport and it did the job. Friendly staff (nothing was too much trouble) spacious rooms and good value for money. The service in the bistro was excellent too. The pool looked nice but we didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you will get a chance to relax by the pool on your next visit.
Thanks again and we are looking forward to seeing you again.
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This new hotel is everything a Courtyard should be! Absolutely spotless, a great pool, gym, and friendly, helpful staff. We stayed here on two different occasions in February 2013 and each visit was perfect. We always ask for top floor rooms, away from the elevator. We found that the interior side rooms (away from either road) were very quiet. We will definitely be back anytime we are in Orange County!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments to the rest of the staff as we take great pride in providing a clean and inviting hotel. We look forward to your return in the very near future.
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just stayed here last weekend because I had some weekend business in the area. I have never spent any real time in Orange county much less this are before so I went off the reviews on here when booking my reservation. I am a Marriott rewards gold member so I stay at plenty of Marriott locations every year and this seemed to be one of the newer Courtyards I have stayed in recently. If nothing else it has recently gone through a face lift and it is quite shiny still.

My check okay except that I requested a room on the interior of the hotel, a room on an end, or a room away from an elevator and I was not given any of my requests. In fact I was given a room facing the street in the middle of the hotel right across from the elevator. I wasn't exactly thrilled, but after so long in the car I really did not feel like messing with requesting to be moved so I just went out in search of food.

I got in that night and got into bed and was awoken about 11pm by the people in the room next to me locking someone out of their room and that person beating on the door and yelling about letting them in. I called down to the front desk and they said they would have someone come up. For the next 30 minutes to an hour I listened to what I can only assume was drunk people laughing and screaming in the room next to me. I eventually just turned on the television with the sleep timer on and left the volume up and put in earplugs to go to sleep because the desk obviously wasn't sending anyone up.

The next morning I got up and went to take care of what I was in town for and on my way down to the lobby there was a man who came out of the elevator smoking and went right into his room. I notified the desk of this on my way out and they just kind of looked at me and said "So". I came back from my meeting and hit the gym facility which are nice here. They do have more machines than most Courtyards which is nice. I went back up to my room and relaxed best I could between the loud people next door and the traffic noise outside. Again that night I went out for dinner and came back in and spent my night listening to a bunch of loud people through the walls screaming, laughing, banging, and thumping all night long.

As I was checking out the front desk staff asked me how everything was and I proceeded to tell her about my experience and she listened for a moment then rudely interrupted me and said "Well I'm sorry you had such a bad experience."

Long story short the place is quite pretty but it is REALLY loud and the walls are paper thin. The ONLY reason I am giving it a poor rating and not a terrible is because of the decent gym and the fact that it was not torn to shreds. I have to go back to the area again this weekend and I cancelled my reservation at this location and booked somewhere else.. The customer service is horrible and someone needs to address it badly. Those were the most expensive nights of bad sleep I have had in a long time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and review. While we strive to provide excellent guest service to each of our guests, it is important to know when we fall short, so thank you.

We will be following up with all of our staff members to ensure that we understand the importance of communication with our guests as well as promptly addressing their concerns.

I would like to apologize for the challenges that you experienced and invite you to please contact me directly if you would be willing to discuss this further.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were looking for a hotel that was close to John Wayne Airport that would best suit the needs for a quiet night rest, and this hotel fit the bill. The only surprise (and it wasn't a big surprise) was the fact that the hotel did have a parking fee for your vehicle. The cost was minimal... I believe it was $8, and they also had a reasonable valet option as well. The lobby was very modern and open. They had an expansive area where you could find a chair and lounge/relax if you chose to. They also had a coffee bar, although we didn't go to it so I cannot give you enough details if that is something that would sway your booking here.

The hotel was clean, as was the room. We stayed on the 4th floor, in the room adjacent to MacArthur Blvd, and I can tell you that we didn't hear any traffic (which could be a problem at other places, but it seems that this building is built right).

The bathroom was very modern, with a beautiful shower, and it too was very roomy.

We've stayed at many Courtyards before, and I have to say that I really like this new design. By far, this was the best we've experienced at a Courtyard, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling with a family, or travelling on business. We would definitely consider staying there again.

Do yourself a favor if you are staying here and haven't seen much of the Pacific Coast... be sure to take a drive South to Laguna Beach, or North to Huntington Beach on the Pacific Coast Highway to catch a sunset. Sheer beauty that you will never forget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review and compliments! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you didn't have the opportunity to try our Bistro, be sure to stop by on your next visit and enjoy a Starbucks Latte.
We look forward to see you again soon!
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

You can save about $40 by staying at this Courtyard versus staying at a full fledged Marriott around the area. The renovated room is very nice...everything that you would find at a Marriott. In fact, the shower was better than the Marriott's shower. There is ample free parking in the rear of the hotel. Good location. It's very clean.The staff at the lobby snack bar is wonderful. Check-in was a breeze. My complaints...the walls are super thin. I could hear the guest in the next room coughing like he was in my room. Also, I wish there was body lotion in the room...they do supply shampoo and conditioner. All in all, I will stay here again, and hope the guests in the next room don't make too much noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your review and your compliments! I will be sure to share them with the Bistro staff.
While we provide Paul Mitchel shampoo and conditioner in the guestrooms, we do have body lotion upon request. Please be sure to let us know when you are returning and we will be sure to place the body lotion in your room prior to your arrival.
We have also just upgraded our in room coffee to Seatlle's Best, which we hope you will enjoy.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Address: 8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Santa Ana
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Business Hotel in Santa Ana
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.