“This is what a courtyard should be” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County to your Saves list
Expedia.com Courtyard.com
Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 25 hotels in Santa Ana
Houston, Texas, USA
“This is what a courtyard should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This property is what every courtyard should be like. Is clean, comfortable, modern, friendly, and spacious. There is a great pool and work out room and the Airport shuttle ran great. It's extremely convenient to both 55 and the 405.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Owen_GM, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The new Courtyard lobby is a great place to unwind, grab a drink or Starbucks or even catch up on emails.

We hope to see you again in the very near future

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is a great location accessible to the 405 and john wayne airport, I love the lobby and the on screee that has news, the rooms are clean and spacious and great staff! absolutely a plus that starbucks is brewed. Very happy with my stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay with us.

We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel. We are in a great location, just minutes away from Disneyland or the beach.

We hope to see you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This courtyard is brand new and has all of the bells and whistles business travelers come to expect - attentive staff, new style lobby with mixed seating areas, AM coffee, flat screen TV's, full bar, wi-fi everywhere (free), large fitness/pool, airport shuttle, and most importantly clean rooms. I was most impressed when the valet saw me about to run through the rain to my car (which I self parked vs $10 valet) and he gave me a huge umbrella to take. I'd choose to stay in one of these new courtyards over stuffy old so-called "5-star" - charge you $15 for wi-fi - hotels any day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of the amenities that we offer. I will be sure to share with our valet team your kind words, as I know they strive to offer the best possible customer service.

We hope to see you again in the very near future.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I needed a getaway so we spent a night at the new Marriott Courtyard in Santa Ana , and then went to see the Bowers Museum the next day. Even though this Courtyard is pretty much for business related clientele, we loved the newness, stylish, large rooms and the friendly staff. We will surely return again to enjoy this restful hotel, near South Coast Plaza for shopping, the wonderful Bowers Museum, the Performing Arts Center, and great restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Try the third floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike_Owen_GM, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for selecting the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana/Orange County! I am pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us.

You are correct, we are in a great location to visit the Bowers Museum, South Coast Plaza, Disneyland or the Beach Cities.

Thank you again and we will look forward to your return very soon,
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

First visit to this location very convenient to John Wayne airport. I was upgraded to a king suite which was wonderfully spacious and comfortable. Fast internet, very comfortable bed, clean - everything I need for a business trip. I am not a fan of the bistro experience, but there are great restaurant choices at a nearby mall. Definitely on my return list if ever back in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I travel a lot for business and Courtyard (and other Marriot chains) are my hotel picks.
This hotel is still seemingly new. We reserved 2 rooms for my family for my high school reunion. The 2 rooms on same floor had exactly same layout - what I would expect. I can still smell the newness of the furniture, bedding, bathroom ,etc. YES, I travel to many a Courtyards and can tell the difference.
Pool wasn't working while there - thus the knock down of 1 star. Typical new Courtyard cafe which is now what i expect of any Courtyard establishments (Cafe with booths and that serves Starbucks coffee).
I knocked another star off because upon check-in at 1am, the agent did not even advise which direction were the elevators. Let me premise that I had called prior to 4pm to advise that 1 room would be a late check in. (We were sober by the way). We were not greeted with a smile either -- thus lacking the customer service as I usually expect from any Courtyard stay.
Will I stay there again -- not before my fave Residence Inn nearby, then the Springhill Suites.
While I love the "newness", I know that it will eventually show it's wear & tear.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mike_Owen_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to our area and our hotel. We appreciate your choosing Marriott and in this instance, our hotel. You are correct in that we still have that new feel and the lobby is in the same design concept with other new Courtyards, in that it has a very open feel, Starbucks and wireless internet throughout.
In addition to your positive comments, I appreciate your feedback on the challenge that occurred upon check in. It is sometimes a perception that the night shift person isn't expected to be friendly or helpful, and I appreciate your expectations and I agree with them. Checking in late is when we most need that helpful smile, directions and a sincere offer to assist with anything else. We will follow up with our late shift team members to stress the importance of this, as well as solicit their feedback on how they would feel receiving that same level of service.
Thank you again for your time and feedback and allowing our hotel to learn from this challenge and become a better place to stay.
Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The location was a bit odd. Not much in the neighborhood especially on a weekend. The hotel was new and nice enough. The pool is tiny. The room was quite nice with a lot of room. The shuttle was okay but the morning driver was a bit rude. He was late (a few minute, not much) but certainly not helpful. Overall a good stay waiting for the plane out the next day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Courtyard By Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA
Address: 8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Santa Ana
#3 Business Hotel in Santa Ana
#6 Family Hotel in Santa Ana
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.