“Good airport type hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Santa Ana
Aspen, Colorado
“Good airport type hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The location was a bit odd. Not much in the neighborhood especially on a weekend. The hotel was new and nice enough. The pool is tiny. The room was quite nice with a lot of room. The shuttle was okay but the morning driver was a bit rude. He was late (a few minute, not much) but certainly not helpful. Overall a good stay waiting for the plane out the next day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hughesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Currently staying at this property and this is a nice courtyard be. Close to airport it is vey modern with one of the largest lobby areas I have encountered anywhere. Lots of tables and chairs for dinning at the cafe that serves burgers, wings and other hot items for breakfast and dinner. Each booth even have personal flat screen tv s . An extended sitting area has beautiful orange and tan seating with large flat screened tvs. The hotel has a beautiful decor and design. The contemporary room is large with a large bathroom. I was reluctant to book here and had originally stayed one night at a different hotel but I'm very glad we move here and will be returning for future OC travel. The staff is very friendly and the room feels and appears to be very clean.its very quiet and I haven't heard notice in the lobby or coming from other rooms. Self parking is 8 dollars a day and we also have free wifi in room. This is one of the better courtyards we have stayed at anywhere. The staff works hard to keep the hotel clean. As I'm sitting and typing this review there are to people busying sweeping and moping the floor. Thanks courtyard for our very comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights over the weekend. The hotel is located just five minutes drive from John Wayne Airport, a few minutes drive to South Coast Plaza Shopping Center, and about 20 minutes to Disneyland.

LIKES:

> Good location near airport with complimentary shuttle service to / from airport Monday to Friday
> Well maintained property with a nice pool and well equipped gym
> Clean, beautifully appointed room with contemporary design and very comfortable bed
> Clean, bright, and spacious bathroom and shower
> Reasonably priced, self service, bistro with individual TVs at some of the tables

DISLIKES:

> Paid parking, but as others have stated, this is typical for many properties in the area

I enjoyed my stay at this Courtyard and found this hotel to be a great value for the very reasonable, sub-$100, room rate I paid. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Love the valet option! The Valet attendant was as good as any concierge in town. My room was on the 3rd floor and right by the elevator- oh no! Not to worry, I never heard a thing. The desk is my only gripe. I really don' like the little slide in desk they put in the rooms. Just make the desk the right size and do away with that finger pincher. The bed was super soft and the bathroom was huge. Hot water was HOT. I did not eat or get any coffee since i was only there for about 8 hours to catch some sleep.
I'll book this hotel again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

First off I will start by saying the good things about this hotel. Since it is new there isn't much you can say about the cleanliness of the rooms ect because it is very well taken care of. Bathrooms are spacious and the beds are quite comfortable and the location of the hotel is not to bad either. Now here is where I just don't get it. Parking. You have to pay 15 dollars A DAY for parking. Seriously? The parking lot is literally right in front of the hotel hardly 20 steps from the front door, but yet im being charged to have my car there. Just ridiculous. Other complaints are they advertise free breakfast on some of the discounted hotel sites and I learned real quick that that wasn't the case. In fact they charge 8-12 dollars for a breakfast item. Way overpriced! Again just trying to take out every cent I have is how I felt about this hotel.
Also, be aware that the hotel FAILS to tell you that there will be a hold of either, yes you heard me OF EITHER, 20 dollars or 40 dollars depending on how they feel that day I guess. I found out when checking my bank account. Made me sick to my stomach that this information was NEVER relayed to me. For goodness sakes im on vacation here. It would be nice to know that there was going to be hold per day of one of those charges and the amount varies for no apparent reason. It made no sense to me even after talking with the front desk numerous times about it. Also, they say there is coffee anytime you need it. Not the case. Be prepared that if you want coffee at midnight to expect that the "registers" are closed and your out of luck. Again, they are trying to get money out of you, but they closed up early. I was here for 3 nights with friends as we were doing a road trip from texas to california and the amount they took out of my checking account just really pissed me off from the fees of parking there and from them taking out what they wanted for incidentals daily. From the 5 hotels I stayed at on my 9 day road trip this was the only one that charged all these fees. Think twice about going here unless you don't care about your money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mike_Owen_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for taking time to provide feedback on your experience with us. To begin, you have my apologies that you brought up questions to some of our team members and they were not able to answer these to your satisfaction. With regards to the hold on your card, we typically try to have a standard amount that we would hold on a credit card and this is just to ensure that if purchases are made in the Bistro or our Market, then there aren't any challenges with a quick and efficient purchasing process. And yes, we do have a charge for parking as this is something this particular area requires. We have several factors that support this cost, however the most important being an additional employee to monitor and control the parking lot so that neighboring residents and businesses do not take our parking spots from our guests.
Again, thank you for your time in providing feedback and for your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if I can be of assistance in any way.
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I just completed my third stay at the Courtyard Santa Ana, and each visit has been delightful. Perhaps it’s the new, brighter Courtyard interior. Perhaps it’s the fact that this one-year old hotel is still sparkling. Each of the three rooms has been impeccably clean. Perhaps it’s the location – walking distance to Starbucks, five-minute drive to several fast food establishments, ten-minute drive to South Coast Plaza and John Wayne Airport. Without a doubt, it’s the combination of all three which earns this property my first choice in Santa Ana.

If you’re a fan of the new Courtyard décor, then this is your place. The rooms include everything you would expect from Courtyard – flat-screen television, comfortable bed, moveable desk, complimentary wireless internet – plus a glass shower. The spacious exercise room looks out to the pool. While the pool scene will not be confused for one at a resort, there are lounge chairs and a hot tub.

I’ve come to expect parking fees at California hotels, and this is no exception - $8 self-parking per day. The hotel is located in a business park, so it may be a function of shared space.

The one area for potential improvement is customer service. When I checked in the first two times, the associate asked for the essentials and pointed me to the elevator. During my most recent stay, the front desk associate acknowledged my previous stays and helped me to find a quiet room. This was a step in the right direction.

Three visits later and this is my first choice for a hotel near John Wayne Airport. Overall, this hotel earns 4.5 stars which I’ll round up to 5. With a more attentive staff, this would be a solid 5.

Pros: Impeccably clean, new Courtyard décor plus glass shower, location

Cons: Detached staff

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sugar Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Super duper clean hotel, minutes(less than 5) from John Wayne. Close to all major freeways, and in a safe area. Airport nearby but I didn't hear any planes overnight. Nice lobby area, nice Internet speed, and close to a ton of shopping, restaurants, etc

Stay here, safe bet!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Address: 8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Santa Ana
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Santa Ana
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.