“Fairly new and clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Santa Ana
Los Angeles, California
“Fairly new and clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was opened last year in 2011. This is my second stay. The hotel is only 2 minutes away (by car) from the freeway entrance. Book a room with 2 queen beds because it seems to be more spacious. Last year I stayed in a king bed room and the room was small. They have refrigerator in the room but no microwave. You can go down to the lobby (next to the entrance inside "Market" section) if you need to use a microwave. Their so called "Market" has lots of selection of potato chips but they don't sell some travel basic necessities like toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.There's a cafe by the lobby if you want breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's open 24 hours.

Self park is $8 per day or valet for $11 per day. The parking lot is quite small so you might as well park your car yourself. High speed internet (wired) has good speed and it's free. They don't give you access code nor password so it's not a secured one. I had my yahoo email account hacked when I stayed in Shangrila Vancouver. So, I'm a bit dicey about unsecured and free internet access. The shower door doesn't shut properly so the floor gets a bit wet after every shower.

The location is quiet. There are some food places across the street like Rubios, Starbucks, etc.

Will go back if I happen to be in the area again.

Room Tip: No need to valet park since the parking lot is quite small.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel for business. From the outside, it didn't look like much but on the inside, the lobby looked newer and modern. The front desk staff was very helpful. They were polite and service oriented. Check in was fast and efficient. Once I got to my room, the front desk called me to make sure everything was ok with my room. I thought that was a nice added touch.

The lobby was newly updated with plenty of seating both at the Cafe and around the rest of the lobby. I ate dinner at the restaurant there and it was pretty good. The service at the restaurant was good. It's not a full blown restaurant but it has a fair amount of options to choose from. The only downside was that the hotel didn't offer room service so if you wanted to eat, you had to go down to the restaurant.

The room was a basic hotel room. It had 2 queens, a desk, tv and a couple of phones. It had a mini-fridge, a coffee machine, iron and full size ironing board but no microwave. The beds were in my opinion, below average. The room was clean, well lit and quiet.

The bathroom was pretty good. It had a glass encased shower (no tub). It was bright, clean and looked like it had been remodeled recently. The toilet sink and shower were al in the same room so if you are travelling with a family, that might be a concern. The water pressure was good, the showerhead was high enough and there was plenty of hot water. The towels could use an update.

When all is said and done, it's an ok hotel if you need to stay in that area. The service was good, it was clean and the price was reasonable. I would have given it a higher rating if the bed was better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is really new hotel just little over year old - was clean and can tell it is new
Modern lobby was nice room was comfy but I don't know about service
The valet guy was super friendly (it runs by other company) when we check in front staff was just not friendly -no smile, don't ask question kind - nice to see welcome face after long drive, she was just play mean, shouldn't get Jop in service or Marriott should training employee better
Other than that no complain
Would probably stay here again if rate is good

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mike_Owen_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and we are happy that you enjoyed the location and the design and amenities of the hotel. I agree with you though, that if the service is not there, then it can really put a damper on having a truly great experience. We are in the process of following up with our team members on additional training. Our first step in this training is being able to take care of challenges, however the second part, which we're getting ready to begin, is how to properly welcome our guests. Its our feeling that our team members have a strong desire to deliver great service, however need the tools that will allow them to properly communicate this perception to our guests. In the instance of your check in, it sounds like our associate's intentions were not the best and we will definitely follow up on this. Thank you for providing your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to follow up, work with our team and provide a better experience moving forward. If I can be of additional assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to call or email. Thank you and we hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

this is the second time we stayed at this hotel this summer. room was clean and staff was nice. the parking fee really isn't fair but the valet were super, super nice and friendly. I would definatley stay there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
North Truro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel is new, clean and very comfortable. The staff very friendly, especially the valet. parking is tight so expect to valet and not self park. pool small but outside and the fitness center is clean, large and has great AC.

Food options right across the street include Starbucks and Rubio's. I'd stay here again if the area.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the parking lot are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel (July 2012) for 2 nights arriving late and exhausted after a long day of travel. My check-in experience was very pleasant and the lady manning the front desk was extremely friendly. In fact, throughout my stay I couldn't help but take notice that EVERY employee that I encountered smiled and greeted me throughout my stay. This included the valet (even though I chose to self-park), front desk staff, housekeeping staff, and even a maintenance worker who I ran into.

Room was clean and linens were comfortable and fresh.

Entire hotel has a nice "chic" vibe to it and the room was airy, decorated nicely, and had great black-out curtains to aid in some much needed rest for me!

Parking lot was ample and very well-lit. I felt safe at this property.

I always find it interesting to see comments about the cost of parking. This is Southern California and it is VERY rare to find parking that you don't pay for. That being said, the parking rate here is very reasonable compared to other properties in the area that charge as much as $28 per night to park.

My check-out experience was as pleasant as check-in.

I have stayed away from Marriott brand hotels in recent years in favor of a competitor but I'm glad that I gave this property a try. I will return to it (if it is available) for future stays in the area.

Hotel excercise room was also very nice. I cannot comment on the food or the pool (other than to say the pool looked nice) as I didn't use either.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of a hallway on the 3rd floor and for some reason I seemed to have above-aver...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

room was very clean. valet was exceptional but the front desk girls were not so great. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mike_Owen_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for your feedback on your experience. We are happy that the guest room met your needs and that our valet person did a good job when you encountered them. However, from your comment, it appears that our Front Desk Associates may have created a challenge or perhaps not provided the right type of service. Please feel free to reach out to us at the property for more details. We are confident that our team members strive to do a good job, however as challenges can occur, we are very open to this type of feedback as it helps us see what kind of job we did and how to improve moving forward. We hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Address: 8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Santa Ana
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Santa Ana
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana John Wayne Airport/Orange County, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.